Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aliens, Ripley/Queen fight
How many here saw Aliens in the theaters in 1986? Anyone see Ripley cutting off the Queen's tail during the finale fight?

Before the Queen gets sucked out, if you freeze-frame, the Queen's tail is cut off.

I read on an internet post that this scene existed, perhaps in early showings and was cut. Sorry if I already posted about this.
Thanks given by:
Seen original 35mm and 70mm prints and can confirm that it's exactly the same.
Thanks given by:
It is only cut off after falling down the airlock
Thanks given by:
Ive never seen that scene myself over the multiple variations Ive had the film on home media.

I had a similar memory of a missing scene in 'The Fifth Element' that I swear was in the theatrical run in the UK, Ive even purchased a studio screener of the movie to have a check, as it would be the earliest version tracked down. But alas nothing!
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-18, 07:50 PM)CSchmidlapp Wrote: Ive never seen that scene myself over the multiple variations Ive had the film on home media.

I had a similar memory of a missing scene in 'The Fifth Element' that I swear was in the theatrical run in the UK, Ive even purchased a studio screener of the movie to have a check, as it would be the earliest version tracked down. But alas nothing!

FYI I'm keeping an eye out for a bootleg cam of this to check as well. Was hoping to see a 35mm screening announced due to its 20th Anniversary this year but the rights (originally by Fox) have lapsed in the U.K. So it's in limbo at the moment
Thanks given by: CSchmidlapp
Saw it and no, nothing's missing on the many home video releases ever since.
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-19, 08:06 AM)Bigrob Wrote:
(2017-08-18, 07:50 PM)CSchmidlapp Wrote: Ive never seen that scene myself over the multiple variations Ive had the film on home media.

FYI I'm keeping an eye out for a bootleg cam of this to check as well. Was hoping to see a 35mm screening announced due to its 20th Anniversary this year but the rights (originally by Fox) have lapsed in the U.K. So it's in limbo at the moment

Keep me posted Bigrob Smile
Strange the rights to a film like this would lapse!
Thanks given by:
Hi, I like how this turned into Aliens missing scene to Fifth Element missing scene. =)

I read a thread, probably from you, about a different Fifth Element ending, is that what you're referring to?
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-29, 04:13 AM)deblock Wrote: Hi, I like how this turned into Aliens missing scene to Fifth Element missing scene.   =)

I read a thread, probably from you, about a different Fifth Element ending, is that what you're referring to?

Yes good sir.
I didn't mean to hijack your thread. It's just another example of remembering a scene others claim not to be Wink
Thanks given by:
That's because human memory (apart few cases) it's far from perfect, and tend to mix'n'match "thing" from different sources; for example, I'm sure I watched a certain scene on Se7en (that can't even remember clearly) that was not on the movie... dunno if it was from a trailer (and not in the movie), or in a deleted scene (I checked, it wasn't, at least in the ones found onto my DVD), I imagined it, or it was in a strange obscure version...
Thanks given by: