Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interstellar
Just watched this on Blu-ray, having previously seen it on Imax 15/70 and 35mm. I love the movie but I hear that it polarizes a lot of people. Some people hate it and it seems to have started an anti-Nolan backlash. So just curious what the good people of Fanres think.
Thanks given by:
I have mixed feelings... it was not bad at all, but the rhythm is so slooow... said that, I'd like to watch it open matte! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I liked the movie other then the whole love theory.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Funny, I agree with you both. It was slow. They could of dumped the son, the drone and the school sequences with little consequence to the story and streamlined the whole thing. And the love guiding you was a little forced in a movie predicated on so much science. But once in space I think it really hit it's stride

And on a geekier note I loved that they used (giant) models for the spaceships
Thanks given by:
Few days ago I rewatched - after a very long time - Contact, and Interstellar reminded it a bit... great interesting story, but a bit too slow, even if I must admit it's best to watch a good long movie (even if slow) like these two, instead of a bad short one! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Agreed again. I thought it shared a lot more with Contact then 2001 as everyone said it did. But I hated Contact compared to loving Interstellar. I hated Matthew McConaughey in Contact but didn't mind him in Interstellar. Odd
Thanks given by:
...don't you think, now, that a mashup of the two movies is a must? Wink
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-09, 03:16 PM)PDB Wrote: Agreed again. I thought it shared a lot more with Contact then 2001 as everyone said it did. But I hated Contact compared to loving Interstellar. I hated Matthew McConaughey in Contact but didn't mind him in Interstellar. Odd

Hah! I felt exactly the same way about McConaughey back then. Not sure if his acting has improved or just the hype but I respect him a lot more these days.

However Contact is an excellent movie. One I need to rewatch again soon Smile
Thanks given by:
The pacing was a bit slow and plot was a bit convoluted at times. But I still enjoyed it better than Gravity.
Thanks given by:
Convoluted? It made no sense at times. I enjoyed this movie, but they really wasted the potential.
Thanks given by: