Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hi folks!

I'm a long-time lurker and it only just occurred to me that I should probably do something about that and register.

I've been hanging about over on OT for years after stumbling into the world of restoration due to my penchant for complaining about Star Wars home video releases; Harmy's work on Despecialized and the more recent work by Team Negative1 have been the main draw. However, my ever growing collection of Blu-rays and my purist tendencies are a tricky combination, and the flood of teal and orange regrades currently plaguing the industry have brought me back here. Specifically, the "Fundamental Collection" has caught my attention, and indeed I've already shared a derivative of one of its instalments (Halloween, re-edited into a version of the TV Extended Edition by Croweyes1121, re-encoded to a smaller MKV by me) on "the 'Spleen".

In addition to regrades, I've got a lot of interest in preserving audio mixes (again, see Halloween and its LaserDisc mono mix) and have put together repackages of the 4K77, 4K83 and The Empire Strikes Back Despecialized with a large collection of high fidelity audio tracks under the banner "Millions Of Voices". My next goal is to see if anybody might be kind enough to hook me up with a 44.1kHz version of the Halloween LaserDisc mono track that hasn't yet been upsampled to 48kHz so that I can mux it in with my own version of the video or at least the official Blu-ray as a starting point, so I can have the Fundamental Collection edition, the Extended Version of that by Croweyes1121, and the Blu-ray grading but with the mono soundtrack as options to watch. It really bothers me that the Blu-ray doesn't have the mono, just 7.1 and stereo remixes...

Whatever happens, I expect to be on here quite often from here on out!
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by: pipefan413
(2019-10-14, 07:09 PM)pipefan413 Wrote: Whatever happens, I expect to be on here quite often from here on out!

... Turns out what happened was that I got deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole and decided to start trying my own captures a little under a year later.

I'm excited, but I'm also a tad nervous that something in the chain might prevent bit perfect captures. We'll see.
Thanks given by:
(2020-09-08, 02:01 AM)pipefan413 Wrote: ... Turns out what happened was that I got deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole and decided to start trying my own captures a little under a year later.

Better later than never! Happy
Thanks given by: