Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh hi!
Like a lot of new members, I came here at first because there's a project I want to ask about – not gonna lie – but wow. This really is an amazing place. Hats off. I'm afraid I won't be able to contribute much to the community unless someone needs an AegiSub monkey or mediocre Japanese to English translator, but I hope you don't begrudge one more lurker admirer among your ranks.
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

If there's ever anything that does need translating from Japanese, maybe you and I could put our heads together.

Also, love the username.
Thanks given by:
Any new lurker admirer is welcome here!

Also, subtitles gizmos could be handy, sometimes... Wink
Thanks given by:
(2020-09-05, 08:52 AM)Serums Wrote: Welcome!

If there's ever anything that does need translating from Japanese, maybe you and I could put our heads together.

Also, love the username.
Thanks! And yeah, hmu if you need a second pair of eyes – I might be able to help depending on what the project is.

(2020-09-05, 12:02 PM)spoRv Wrote: Any new lurker admirer is welcome here!

Also, subtitles gizmos could be handy, sometimes... Wink
Glad to hear.

Re-timed subs for fan restorations and preservations seem like one of those things which are nice to have, but are just too labor-intensive to ever quite get around to making – at least for English language films. But then, subscene exists, so I guess there really are masochists out there.
Thanks given by:
(2020-09-05, 07:55 PM)witchkraftwerk Wrote: Re-timed subs for fan restorations and preservations seem like one of those things which are nice to have, but are just too labor-intensive to ever quite get around to making – at least for English language films. But then, subscene exists, so I guess there really are masochists out there.

Don't tell me... once I wrote a complete subtitles track from scratch... ONCE! Shocked
Thanks given by:
(2020-09-05, 10:12 PM)spoRv Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 07:55 PM)witchkraftwerk Wrote: Re-timed subs for fan restorations and preservations seem like one of those things which are nice to have, but are just too labor-intensive to ever quite get around to making – at least for English language films. But then, subscene exists, so I guess there really are masochists out there.

Don't tell me... once I wrote a complete subtitles track from scratch... ONCE! Shocked

This is a thing I've done multiple times and honestly it's hell. Add the translation element on top and it's really difficult to stay motivated!

I enjoy the challenge but I think I need to be exceptionally driven to get through a whole film reasonably quickly. If anything gets me distracted or less keen to work on that particular film (e.g. my dog dying halfway through translating a film about an almost identical dog) then I'm screwed in the short term.
Thanks given by: