Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
Thumbs Up 
Few days ago it was on TV, and nothing else to watch, so I thought "let's give it a chance!"... and you know what? Actually I liked a lot! Despite the fact I don't love particularily these kind of CGI animation - indeed, maybe I'm the only one to think that Avatar's smur... Na'vis are nothing more than very well done CGI cartoons, never felt real "characters"... an upgraded version of "Roger Rabbit"! Wink

This time I liked the cartoon design - in particular the captain, seems quite realistic to me; and the story was very funny! Apart the obvious exagerations, I think that if Spielberg had chosen this script for it's latest Indy's chapter, probably it could have been really better than the final disaster called "Crystal Skull"! Wink

So, if you like CGI cartoons, and want to spend some time following a funny adventure, this is really reccomended!
Thanks given by:
If you had read the original comics by belgian artist Hergé, i think you would feel different. The movie was just a mix of all different episodes. But if you just want to enjoy some CGI Action and don't have the background you can have a good time.
Thanks given by:
Indeed, haven't read any TinTin comics - I didn't like it, frankly, but the movie itself is entertaining, at least to people like me, as you wrote, who has any "background" about it.
Thanks given by:
Storywise or the Art? The special thing about it is the Style called 'ligne claire'.. means few or no shadows & color gradients and an overall abstract look of the characters.
Thanks given by:
The story wasn't bad at all, but what I liked most is the visual style.
Thanks given by:
I was asking why you did't like the comics. The CGI Movie has shadows and all that stuff. However its interesting that Hergé did not want Tintin to carry on after his death.
Thanks given by:
Ooops... well, don't know, it's that kind of "you love it/you hate it" since the first time... but, because film style was completely different, I liked it - not my favourite CGI toon of all time, but nice Smile
Thanks given by:
I look forward to the other movies, i really liked The Adventures of Tintin.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
To be honest, I wasn't a fan and thought it was highly over-rated upon release. The movie was too cartoony to have any sense of stakes or danger. I doubt it was what Hergé expected after acclaiming the then-young director of Raiders of the Lost Ark. In fact, I'd say the Indiana Jones movies (minus Crystal Skull, of course) come closer to capturing the adventurous, globe-trotting experience of the comic books!

I greatly prefer the 1990's Nelvana TV series, which apart from censoring, is pretty great. This intro will always be Tintin for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb-9TIr31i0.
Thanks given by:
Well I love the comics, TV series and this movie. So there you go take that Smile
Thanks given by: