Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone!
Great to find a community like this. I had Laserdiscs back in the 90s and went in hard on DVD. Skipped blurays mostly, but I'm back in a big way on 4K trying to get my final editions of my favourite movies. I love the fact folks here are trying to restore original theatrical audio from all the original sources. Look forward to trying to contribute if possible.
Currently looking for LD audio (synced or raw) of:
Animal House | Batman and Robin | Coming to America | A Few Good Men | Field of Dreams | Goodfellas | The Goonies | Gremlins | Jaws | The Lost Boys | Pet Sematary | Reservoir Dogs | Star Trek 1 thru 6
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Good to have another LD collector on board - do you still have your discs?
Thanks given by: BlightedTomato
Sadly not. I had to sell them and my old pioneer player back in the day to fund the DVD player for my next collecting adventure. I don't think anything since though has matched the excitement of getting the pizza size box full of bubble wrap for an LD delivery Smile
Currently looking for LD audio (synced or raw) of:
Animal House | Batman and Robin | Coming to America | A Few Good Men | Field of Dreams | Goodfellas | The Goonies | Gremlins | Jaws | The Lost Boys | Pet Sematary | Reservoir Dogs | Star Trek 1 thru 6
Thanks given by:
(2022-10-04, 07:23 PM)BlightedTomato Wrote: I don't think anything since though has matched the excitement of getting the pizza size box full of bubble wrap for an LD delivery Smile

My sentiments exactly!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't know better got rid of my LD and huge DVD collection back in the day. Basically gave everything away and now try to dig stuff here and there. Won't make the same mistake with BD and UHD.

The unrwritten rule of home theater: the better the PQ, the worst the AQ. So we work hard to match the sound of old with the video of new formats.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! You are ahead of me, I missed LD so am trying to catch up now.
Thanks given by: