Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Again!
I used to be very active on FanRes before the forum split but for various unrelated reasons I had to step back from things and never managed to get into a habit of posting regularly here on FanRestore...but now that I'm getting back into the swing of things I thought the best to start would be with an introduction.

As I said I used to be very active here, mostly talking about my work to try and preserve various hard to find versions of Highlander films, which even got to the stage where I bought a beat up 35mm print of a rare version of Highlander 2 and started to slowly restore it! I also chipped in my thoughts and helped give feedback on other topics and projects and generally really enjoyed interacting with everyone.

However around the time of the forum split (sorry if that's a taboo subject, I'm a bit out of touch) my work life started to get busier and then there was an illness and death in the family...all of which sapped any energy I had for personal projects and led to a couple of years of severe burnout. During this period I also had to spend a lot of time away from my home and editing PC so most of my projects just ground to a halt. I don't mean to sound too dramatic, I was never in a harmful place, just a busy one that lead to me having to drop a lot of hobbies I love for a while, but now that I'm back in a good place It's time to start picking up my old projects and working again.

It's not all been bad news though. Through my preservation work I managed to make some interesting contacts and what limited creative capacity I've had in recent years has actually gone towards paid editing work, to the extent that you can now find my name on the 4K Blu Ray release of Highlander! Needless to say being involved with a home video release of my favourite film was a real highlight and a huge boost when I  needed it most.

I'm hoping to pick up some of my old projects and threads here soon. 35mm work has been slow but I'm getting back into the swing of it again, and my video encoding has improved greatly so I might try and put out some improved versions of my completed projects.

To get me back into the swing of things I finally put together the fan edit of Highlander 2 that everyone kept telling me to make. It was a lot of fun and encouraged me to get back into fan editing and fan preservation again. I'm planning to release it properly next month once I've had a bit of feedback from a few friends.

I've tried to at least keep up with PMs while I've been inactive here, but I let them build up again in recent months; I'll try an address each one in the next few days.

TLDR: Sorry I was gone for so long, but I'm back now. I missed this place!
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Great to have you back HippieDalek!
Thanks given by: HippieDalek
I'm sorry about your loss. Glad you're back on the forum!
Welcome back, HD! Life takes some turns but we are glad to have you back.
It's good to have you back, sorry to hear you've had a time of it recently
Good to hear from you good sir.
I've been in the same position and it's not pretty.
Great to hear about your credited contributions to the Highlander 4K release! I imagine you were buzzing.

Zeisthouse forever Smile
Zeisthouse!
Thanks given by: CSchmidlapp , HippieDalek
(2024-01-19, 01:04 PM)Bigrob Wrote: Zeisthouse!

You made my year with that bud Hahahahahahahaha
As you can see I've never forgot Smile

https://fanrestore.com/thread-2986-page-...ghlander+2
Thank you for all the warm messages, everyone! It's great to be back here and seeing so many familiar names and avatars again.

(2024-01-19, 01:26 PM)CSchmidlapp Wrote:
(2024-01-19, 01:04 PM)Bigrob Wrote: Zeisthouse!

You made my year with that bud Hahahahahahahaha
As you can see I've never forgot Smile

https://fanrestore.com/thread-2986-page-...ghlander+2

Ha ha! It's good to see things never change Smile
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by: CSchmidlapp