Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk Legend
Okay, so if you are a fan of the Ridley Scott movie Legend starring a young Tom Cruise from 1985 I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the versions that exist.

The extended version released with the Goldsmith soundtrack vs the theatrical cut with the Tangerine Dreams soundtrack.

I'm personally a sucker for the theatrical cut with the Tangerine Dreams audio and that amazing shot at the beginning of Tim Curry as Darkness with the blue light. So cool and I understand the big reveal in the extended cut but love what I love!

So, any opinions out there?
Thanks given by:
I love this film!
I don't know how the differences are between the 3 cuts of the movie (i have seen director's cut and European cut), but I vastly prefer the Jerry Goldsmith score which i consider a masterpice, and very fitting to the fairytale atmosphere.
I haven't seen the US theatrical cut with the tangerine Dream score, but i have seen some scenes of it and have heard the soundtrack, and I consider it one of the most unfitting soundtracks ever produced for a film.
Thanks given by: Farstarbuck
hmmmmmmm interesting.

Think you're the first person I've spoken to that doesn't like the Theatrical Tangerine Dreams soundtrack for Legend.

I guess its what you may be used to, for me growing up I always watched the Theatrical Cut and for me thats the one i prefer, I tried to like the jerry goldsmith version but i couldn't get on with it.
Thanks given by:
Legend is fantastic.  All three cuts on BD have their advantages.  On balance, I prefer the Goldsmith score, but I appreciate the Tangerine Dream one too, and it's great to have it as an alternative.

The Legend FAQ is a valuable resource.  There are some well-thought-out criticisms of the film there, and they really reinforced how much better it could have been had things panned out differently.  Some of the film's problems could be addressed through fanediting, but others are beyond remedy.
(2015-09-30, 09:51 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote: The Legend FAQ is a valuable resource.

I don't want to read too much of it, I'm afraid of spoilers. Sad

Which version would you recommend for first viewing?
(2015-09-30, 10:25 PM)Feallan Wrote: Which version would you recommend for first viewing?

I would have to say the director's cut. It comes closest to being what the film should have been.
Thanks given by:
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Theatrical for me!
Thanks given by:
(2015-10-01, 08:54 AM)Chewtobacca Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 10:25 PM)Feallan Wrote: Which version would you recommend for first viewing?

I would have to say the director's cut. It comes closest to being what the film should have been.

Even though, in most cases of films with numerous cuts, I would recommend watching the theatrical first; in this case I would have to agree that the director's cut is the way to goWink
(2015-10-01, 08:41 PM)Farstarbuck Wrote: Theatrical for me!

Which one?  Tongue

(2015-10-01, 09:02 PM)jerryshadoe Wrote: Even though, in most cases of films with numerous cuts, I would recommend watching the theatrical first; in this case I would have to agree that the director's cut is the way to goWink

Jerry and I agree on something!  Shocked  Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (2004) spoRv 2 3,482 2015-06-02, 06:09 PM
Last Post: spoRv