Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avatar : The Last Airbender - Pilot Episode
[Image: cover.jpg]

What is this?
Between 2005 and 2008, television studio Nickelodeon aired the very popular cartoon show Avatar: The Last Airbender. However, while pitching the show to Nickelodeon back in 2004, the creators of the show produced an eleven-minute pilot episode, the plot of which was not to be part of the overall series, but just a generic adventure for the main characters of the show, and to show the elements of bending and establish the world. This pilot was received positively by test audiences and the show was green-lit.

The pilot episode was never aired on television, but was included as a bonus feature on the DVD release of Book 1: Water, and in 2018 it was also included as a bonus feature on the show's Blu-Ray release. On DVD and Blu-Ray, however, the only available audio track was a commentary track by show creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. In 2010, the pilot episode was also released on iTunes, this time in lower picture quality, but with the original audio track.

What did I do to it?
The pilot episode was originally animated at 24 frames per second. However, on both the DVD and the Blu-Ray releases, the episode is shown in 30fps, with interlaced frames resulting from a 3:2 pulldown process. Depending on the video player and settings used, this would result in a blurry image, a stuttering image or strange artifacts in the video.

Video
I wanted to present this episode in the highest quality I could given the available sources. I manually went through the episode, shot by shot, and reversed the telecine process, producing a crisp, correct image at 24 frames per second. I then upscaled that image to 1080p.
Apart from this video track, the original video track from the Blu-Ray is also included.

Audio
Both the original audio track (from the iTunes version) and the commentary track (from the Blu-Ray) are included.

Subtitles
I added both English and Dutch optional subtitles to the episode.

Bonus
I included a ten-page document in PDF-format explaining the technical process of making this in more detail.
I also included all programs and scripts used to make this, so that in future others might improve upon my work.

Where can I get it?
Please, only download this if you own the Avatar: The Last Airbender on Blu-Ray.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2f64559ac78e4fcbaed6aeef0d57e10772e1e9a3

P.S.
I am new to this forum, so I hope I have not unknowingly broken any unwritten social rules by posting this in this manner. If it turns out I have, please contact me.
[Image: 1.jpg][Image: 2.jpg][Image: 3.jpg][Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: compare.png]
Thanks given by: stwd4nder2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Encounter at Farpoint (ST:TNG pilot) - "Little Fixes" Edition TheLoon 7 3,639 2022-11-14, 09:31 AM
Last Post: AdmiralNoodles
  Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones (2002): IMAX Cut Reconstruction The Aluminum Falcon 5 7,595 2021-06-14, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Stamper