Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 40th Anniversary Blu-ray
The Dark Sky US Blu-ray release has a few problems. One of the hitchhiker's photographs at the beginning of the movie does not fade to black and one of Sally's laughs/screams at the end of the film is repeated and out of sync. The UK version does not have these problems and it has a better encode.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've been wanting to get my hands on the UK version after i saw the comparisons and thought well damn, time to upgrade again already. Wink

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...#vergleich

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Apart the fact the US version seems a bit more blurry than the UK one - not too much, but it is - does the UK solve the US problems noted by Lee?
Thanks given by:
From the reading I've done, yes, the UK version is perfect and the problems on the US disc are fixed.

It's region locked so it makes a great time to give AnyDVD HD a shot so I can watch it on my PC.
Thanks given by:
amazing how different regions have different encoding and /or "issues"

Kinda makes it hard to get the right and best version. I guess i have to look on Amazon UK to get this version?
Thanks given by:
Hey Remuxer! After putting back a few dollars here and there for a couple of months I recently purchased a region free Sony Blu-ray player from 220 Electronics and the UK steelbook of this classic was the first region B disc I watched. It's outstanding!
Thanks given by:
Gee - had no idea about these "Steel Books". Quite the scene
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-03, 06:11 PM)Lee Wrote: The Dark Sky US Blu-ray release has a few problems.  One of the hitchhiker's photographs at the beginning of the movie does not fade to black and one of Sally's laughs/screams at the end of the film is repeated and out of sync.  The UK version does not have these problems and it has a better encode.

Yup. It's a dreaded downmix of the 7.1 remix Angry. Anybody looking to get this with the original mono track should skip the US release and get the UK release from Second Sight.
Thanks given by:
Supposedly based on reports at the forum site with blu in the title, the limited German 40th Ann version by Turbine has the best encode worldwide, slightly bettering the UK.
Thanks given by:
Or you wait until the 4K UHD is coming to (german) stores end of may...

(german news on that here: http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=10397 )
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Independence Day 20th Anniversary Edition Blu Ray NeonBible 8 8,324 2017-11-02, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Beber