Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translators wanted!
Dear users, sometimes someone would like to do a certain restoration, and needs to translate/transcript dialogs or subtitles, but have no idea where to find a translator...

So, don't be shy, post here if you can read/speak another language, apart English; this does not mean that you must do every thing a project maker have in mind, but if you think it's interesting, you can give your help!

I start for myself: I'm Italian, so no problem to translate to and from English; I can read and write English quite well, but sometimes I have troubles to understand some spoken "nuances", in particular fastest speeches and accents... I can understand some words of French and Spanish - and few German ones, too - but that's it...

Waiting for your skills!
Thanks given by:
Well, since this thread was my suggestion, I guess I'll post here tooWink

Believe it or not, I too can speak/read/write fluently in English and that could help, LOL

Ok, seriously though, I also speak/read/write fluently in Polish. I understand spoken and most written Czech and Slovak (as they are relatively similar to Polish) but can't write in those languages as I always revert back to Polish due to the similarities. I understand some Spanish (took it in school for 3 years) and I can read it perfectly, even when I have no idea what I'm reading actually means, LOL. I understand a little bit of Italian, German, and Russian but not enough to be useful in any way.

So yeah, English and Polish are the languages that I can help withBig Grin
Thanks given by:
English, German & Turkish. From and to.
Thanks given by:
If you could transcript an English dialog, you are hired for The Arrival Bonus Disc project... wage is nil, but you'll earn a lot of glory - and that's priceless! Wink
Thanks given by:
..."Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory" (Indiana Jones)
Thanks given by:
Well sure would like to help with translations in those languages, but i don't know about the technical aspects required for it. Go on, please.
Thanks given by:
Take a look at the thread: https://fanrestore.com/showthread.php?tid=130
what we basically need is a transcription of the English dialogs; it will be great if you can do it in sync, using some subtitle program, but a plain transcription will do!

At the moment thegroovologist is working on the first part of LD documentary, so you could start with the B-roll, then the second part (after 13min) of the LD doc - ask me via PM the audio files.
Thanks given by:
PM send!
Thanks given by:
Russian - from and to Smile
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-01, 11:19 PM)spoRv Wrote: Take a look at the thread: https://fanrestore.com/showthread.php?tid=130
what we basically need is a transcription of the English dialogs; it will be great if you can do it in sync, using some subtitle program, but a plain transcription will do!
Am I the only one who cannot view that subsection of this forum?
It maybe for the best as I have enough projects in German (1 film), Russian (1 film), and Italian (2 series) to keep you all occupied... Not to mention in French... Woo

Speaking in general: Youtube has a feature that will calculate the timing of a transcription (all lines written down) with the spoken audio. Its accuracy can vary a LOT, but it's much much more useful than the speech recognition that they used to have. This function is available to the uploader of a video. It requires a correct transcription of all the spoken text in the same language. The results have to be corrected (timing can be off and lines are broken up in unexpected
places), but it's a start.
This is nøt å signåture.™
Thanks given by: