Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sid and Nancy: The [In]Complete Collection
Anyone who has seen my composite sets* on KG, MySpleen, CG, Cinematik, etc., may sense where this is going, but I'm still not sure what it is I'm after. I've collected all of the commentaries and extras that would be remotely relevant to the film and/or Sid Vicious. That includes the Criterion DVD (commentary and lots of other extras), the US Blu-ray (some topical featurettes), the Momentum R2 DVD (commentary, interview w/Alex Cox), and clips from Who Killed Nancy?, The Filth and the Fury, DOA: A Right of Passage, The Great Rock n' Roll Swindle, and Who Killed Bill?, and a chapter from a book about director Alex Cox. I've also collected the soundtracks for all of the movies above, as well as Sid Vicious' solo album, and a live version of his solo stuff.

It all adds up to just over 2 DVD9s and lots of false starts in organizing it. None of this is helped by using DVDStyler, the promising, but wildly buggy software that is simply less intimidating than DVDLab Pro. Since I have more than 2 audio tracks on the main movie, TMPGENC DVD Author 4 is out, but no other software that I've tried has as much flexibility as Styler has. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and start over with DVDLab Pro? At least that way, the notion of audio titles would work far better than adding the music as audio streams, or trying something tricky with Styler that makes me add 20 menu pages. Not to mention the blurry slideshows Styler puts out.

So, I'm listening. I've put too much work into this set to just throw it out, but there's only a slight thematic connection to all of the material, with it mostly being about Vicious in real life, Vicious in the movie, and the music by The Sex Pistols. Maybe this was all meant to be an incomplete mess, seeing as Sid Vicious is famous not for his talent, but his attitude and his inevitable early death, and the fact that such a popular band burned out after just one album and 70% of a tour.

*This is Spinal Tap: Supertorrent
The Magnificent Ambersons: Criterion Laserdisc and everything else
Wyatt Earp: Expanded Edition
Hawaii: Roadshow Version
The Lawnmower Man: Director's Cut w/Laserdisc extras
She's Gotta Have It: Criterion Laserdisc
City of Hope (with a slew of original extras)
What Happened Was...
Texasville: Director's Cut
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?: Special Edition
The Run of the Country: Laserdisc Preservation
The New Age: Special Edition
Boxing Helena: Laserdisc Box Set
Slaughter of the Innocents: LD extras
Dead Poets Society: Extended Cut
And a bunch of others I can't remember...
Thanks given by:
That's interesting!

IIRC, I used few times DVDStyler years ago, but now with HD, I'm using MultiAVCHD... just give it a try!
Thanks given by:
Wee need some PUNK RAWK! Cool
Thanks given by:
I basically finished this project in April, finally learning how to use DVD Lab Pro. Unfortunately, every disc I would output, no matter the content, had fuzzy, out-of-focus, and hard-to-read text, rendering the menus almost meaningless. Does anyone have a way around this? I tried Googling the problem, but the few times others had that problem, their recommendations involved using Photoshop to create the buttons, which would be fine if I either knew how to do that, or could confirm that it was actually an effective workaround.
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-08, 03:47 AM)Elmo Oxygen Wrote: I basically finished this project in April, finally learning how to use DVD Lab Pro. Unfortunately, every disc I would output, no matter the content, had fuzzy, out-of-focus, and hard-to-read text, rendering the menus almost meaningless. Does anyone have a way around this? I tried Googling the problem, but the few times others had that problem, their recommendations involved using Photoshop to create the buttons, which would be fine if I either knew how to do that, or could confirm that it was actually an effective workaround.

I gave up trying to fix this, making minor adjustments until it was relatively legible text. I uploaded it last night on MySpleen and on Karagarga this morning.

(direct link removed as it violates forum rules) ADMIN

I would have uploaded it on Cinematik, but I was waiting for a mod okay, since they tend to more prickly about organization there, but the mod didn't get back to me before they set freeleech/no new uploads for the next 10 days. If anyone has an idea of another private tracker this might work for let me know.
Thanks given by: