Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My video tinkering journey!
So, I'm a total novice in all technical matters but after finding you wonderful people I've been inspired to "fix" a few things. So far I've got enough information from this site and general web searches to begin identifying the problems I want to solve. This will be a slow process for me as I'll be learning as I go and I created this thread in order to keep things organised and to beg for help if I get totally stuck!

Here's what I'm going to try to accomplish:

Upscale a 10 second cut scene from 720p to 1080p in the best quality I can and edit it back into a movie and swap the DD 2.0 soundtrack on the 1080 version for the DD 5.1 version on the 720 version.

Capture an HD version of a French movie which is not available on blu ray (and also not available to stream anywhere in my country!) and create a custom blu ray with menus and include the special features from the dvd release. Also, create English subtitles for the documentary as none currently exist.

Take two versions of the same movie (both 720p tv captures, one at a different frame rate than the other) and combine them in order to increase general quality and to eliminate logos. Colour correction will also be necessary as they are noticably different.

I have other things in mind for the future but I'll start here with, what I believe to be, achievable goals for these three movies. I'll update as I go with any progress I make, which I hope you'll critique if it's not good enough. I learn best by figuring things out by trial and error (and it'll be more fun too!) but if I get really, really hopelessly stuck I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Send happy thoughts for Krenko, he's gonna need them!
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard!
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome. What French movie is it you're talking about?
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-12, 03:11 PM)Beber Wrote: Welcome. What French movie is it you're talking about?

The wonderful "Bienvenue Chez Les Rozes" (2003), one of my all-time favourite dark comedies!

I've got the dvd but it's very difficult to get a hold of an HD copy here in the UK. I've found a few scenes in HD that are from a TF1 broadcast so there is, or was, an HD cap at some point but although the film can be bought from Amazon US and Microsoft Store and iTunes US my only option is to stream and capture from Amazon.
Thanks given by:
I just realizeĀ I've never even seen this movie, and I like both Jean Dujardin and Carole Bouquet. All I could find is a 1080i recording from HD1 with channel and rating logos on it.

[Image: Ev88j.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-12, 06:30 PM)Beber Wrote: I just realizeĀ I've never even seen this movie, and I like both Jean Dujardin and Carole Bouquet. All I could find is a 1080i recording from HD1 with channel and rating logos on it.

[Image: Ev88j.jpg]

Carole Bouquet especially is delightful in this. If you like her, and Jean, in other roles (and appreciate dark wit) I think you'll enjoy this.

If I don't have any success getting the movie from Amazon I might need directions to where you found that 1080i capture - it's far superior to the dvd.

(incidentally, when I wrote TF1 I actually meant HD1 - I got the channel mixed up with the production company!)
Thanks given by:
HD1 is part of the TF1 Group anyway. You should know that on top of both logos, there'd have to be 2 commercial breaks with things poping up on the picture both times on this channel.
Thanks given by:
Yikes, perhaps that isn't quite so ideal after all! Still, HD is HD and if that's the only version I can find I might end creating some kind of Frankenstein's monster with dvd footage covering up logos and such.

It'll all be good practice anyway and I'm bound to learn something - which is the goal!
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-12, 08:34 PM)krenko Wrote: It'll all be good practice anyway and I'm bound to learn something - which is the goal!

That's the spirit, go for it! Ok
Thanks given by: krenko

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Film Lovers and Video Editing the End Goal Ronster 2 3,747 2017-08-10, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Ronster
  video file strange resolutions spoRv 0 2,432 2017-05-17, 12:11 AM
Last Post: spoRv