Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiss of the Dragon Blu-Ray
Wow. I was looking up Blu-Ray reviews for Kiss of the Dragon and I did not expect the image quality to be this poor. The picture quality is supposedly horrendous and lacking in detail which is a shame because I love Kiss of the Dragon. I know the movie is almost like a video game complete with "boss fights" but I've always loved it as a straight-forward, no-nonsense action movie. Kiss of the Dragon definitely deserves a better Blu-Ray release because it's an underrated gem I don't hear too many people talk about imo
Thanks given by:
I'm a big fan of this film too. Haven't seen it in a while - disappointing to hear that I won't like what I find!

It seems the streaming versions are no better (Amazon review complains it looks barely SD).

Did you find any views on the German release? It's AVC rather than MPEG-2, which suggests it *might* be a different master.
Thanks given by:
Kiss of the Dragon was shot anamorphic but also had some sections shot in HDCam. It was also reportedly finished digitally and locked to a 2k DI, which could explain why it looks the way it does.

KOD had two versions. The uncut theatrical version that was released in Germany and France by Europa Corp and Buena Vista International in Latin America and Scandinavia, and the Fox cut released in the rest of the world that removed some of the gorier shots and blood for a US PG-13 rating. Fox released their cut on Blu in MPEG-2 with DTS-MA, and then reissued by Anchor Bay in the US with a AVC codec in exchange for drastically inferior DD 640kbs audio. The German Universium BD is said to be the uncut Europa Corp version, but some reports say early 2011 copies had the the Fox US cut by mistake and corrected it on later pressings.
Thanks given by:
(2020-06-07, 03:20 AM)SpaceBlackKnight Wrote: Kiss of the Dragon was shot anamorphic but also had some sections shot in HDCam. It was also reportedly finished digitally and locked to a 2k DI, which could explain why it looks the way it does.

KOD had two versions. The uncut theatrical version that was released in Germany and France by Europa Corp and Buena Vista International in Latin America and Scandinavia, and the Fox cut released in the rest of the world that removed some of the gorier shots and blood for a US PG-13 rating. Fox released their cut on Blu in MPEG-2 with DTS-MA, and then reissued by Anchor Bay in the US with a AVC codec in exchange for drastically inferior DD 640kbs audio. The German Universium BD is said to be the uncut Europa Corp version, but some reports say early 2011 copies had the the Fox US cut by mistake and corrected it on later pressings.
Kiss Of The Dragon was an R Rated theatrical release in the US, but maybe they cut some of the violence to avoid an NC-17 rating
Thanks given by:
The French DVD is uncut under the title Le Baiser Mortel du Dragon.
Thanks given by:
The French DVD.
My all time favorite and I wouldn't mind doing it all over again.
Thanks given by: Stamper