Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Feel free to remove!
Heart 
EDIT: Moderators, feel free to remove this thread since it's served its purpose.

Things might be looking a little brighter up ahead and I want to send a huge thanks to everyone who helped us, be it by money or kind words. We're closing the fundraiser since we might be able to make it on our own soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone.
I posted this on originaltrilogy in april and I think a lot of people have moved on to this forum so maybe I'll reach all the old friends here.
In a way I feel ashamed to post this here too but on OT I got much love and positivity in response that I think it might be worth a try.
I'm going to copy-paste what I posted there and hope some of you might recognize me.
Take care of yourself, all awesome movie-lovers!
PS: A huge thanks to all of those who donated over at OT. You helped us pay for about 3 weeks worth of groceries!
/You_Too

Hi everyone.
When I came back and made some comments in the Fellowship Of The Ring color restoration threads some people seemed happy to see me and it just felt great. I got some PM’s too and it all just felt like I was an old friend who returned from a long holiday. With everything that’s been done since I was around I didn’t think many would even remember.

Some may even think I have something against them since I removed all Facebook friends a few years back in an anxiety attack after my half-sister told me she never wants us to have any kind of contact anymore, simply because I’m ill. Society considers me dead weight and so did my own sister which I forgive her for, of course. At the same time I just quit contacting the few people I had a bit closer contact with as well, like Dark Jedi who I worked with a lot here on OT and a few others who I can’t remember the usernames of. Real life was just too much to allow for social things on the internet so I thought: “If anyone really wants to contact me they will.” In fact, the more social contact I had the more tired I got. In the end, what hurt most was that people who used to be my closest friends in real life quit contacting me just because Facebook didn’t remind them of my birthday anymore or whatever. (I don’t care about birthdays but you get it!)

I have no idea how this thread will be received. Probably with mixed reactions. I don’t even know if I’m allowed to post something like this around here but the guidelines didn’t seem to have anything against it.

I tend to type walls of text so unlike what I’m about to link I’ll keep this short: Someone you might or might not remember is in a very, very bad situation right now and it will only get worse. You can read about it here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-us-survi...s-overleva

I didn’t create that fundraiser to force people to donate because they might know me or anything. In fact, I haven’t sent it to anyone except I posted it at the Ehlers-Danlos Support Group on Facebook but all members there are fighting the same fight more or less and I think they would all need donations.

I remember people used to donate to Poita to be able to buy 35mm scans from Ebay and then he shared the results with everyone, it was great! I’m not sure if anyone ever asked for a personal donation but here I am.

At the same time I’ll make this very clear: Even if you read my and my mother’s story you don’t have to donate. If you believe in anything, pray for us. Just leave a heartwarming comment. Anything. Money isn’t everything though sadly, it’s needed way too much.

Also, if you wish to donate but can’t use that website, the following works too: paypal.me/YThelpus

Either way, kind words, donations, they will all be worth the same and I thank you all in advance. And I thank you all for the past experiences around here. You really made me feel appreciated. Thanks and God bless you all! And may the force be with you. Wink

(Should this thread violate any rules then please, simply remove it)

EDIT: From now on, all donations will be invested in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity which I've spent lots and lots of time digging into. While I'm not allowed to share any information about it, I can only tell you that it's me and mom's last chance at getting a life again.
Thanks given by: Valeyard , dwalkerdon , CSchmidlapp
First off all:
If you feel really appreciated here, than just because you ARE really appreciated!
I remember you always as a very kind partner to communicate, and I am happy to read you again!

I honestly do not know what to write about your life, that you shared with us, because... Oof... I am out of words.

Thanks for sharing this so openly, and I can imagine it wasn't easy to share, or even write down.
(on a side note, you write a very elaborated, well readable English, some native English speakers could learn from)

I hope and wish that your and your mother's life will take a more positive direction in the future.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by: You_Too
Thank you so much!
Somehow I feel more appreciated now than ever and I'm also out of words. All these people helping us out.
Thanks to every single one of you, donation, well-wishes, prayers, no matter what, thank you!
Thanks given by:
It's been a while and I want to express our gratitude once more! All who donated on Gofundme or Paypal, we love you and wish you all the best. To those who sent kind well-wishes: We love you and wish you all the best as well!

I also want to tell everyone that from now on, all donations will be invested in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity which I've spent lots and lots of time digging into. While I'm not allowed to share any information about it, I can only tell you that it's me and mom's last chance at getting a life again.
Thanks given by:
Best wishes!

Fingers crossed that the opportunity works out! (Whatever it ist, but I can understand that some informations about such things might be very sensitive, or even can ruin such a thing.
Like when someone might snag the opportunity away. As an example, if someone wants to buy a certain property, and has to save some money, someone might snag it...)
Would be cool, to get information about your well being when that opportunity worked out, and you are able to give some status updates afterwards.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by: You_Too
I'll say what I said in another forum where some of my old friends have went: Thanks for the support and hopefully I'll be back with better health one day and be able to support the fan restoration communities again with color work or such.

And also, some people have expressed worries about me getting scammed. It’s not at all like that. I’m making a personal choice based on lots of research. I know how scammers work and have been researching that as well to make sure I never make such a mistake. Thanks for caring!

EDIT: Moderators, feel free to remove this thread since it's served its purpose.

Things might be looking a little brighter up ahead and I want to send a huge thanks to everyone who helped us, be it by money or kind words. We're closing the fundraiser since we might be able to make it on our own soon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway of the Day and Other Free/Charity Software Offers Chewtobacca 73 46,056 2020-09-30, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Chewtobacca
  Restoration Essentials: Tax-Free Weekend Koopa Luath 15 13,435 2017-08-09, 09:23 AM
Last Post: CSchmidlapp