Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could someone please explain this to me?

Because I don't think those other names belong to members!
Thanks given by:
The others are search engine "bots," but what puzzles me is the math that doesn't add up thereTongue
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-13, 02:35 PM)jerryshadoe Wrote: The others are search engine "bots," but what puzzles me is the math that doesn't add up thereTongue

Because you may have several "guests" with different IPs, but they show up only as "guest"

Attached Files
.png   guests.PNG (Size: 2.75 KB / Downloads: 22)
Thanks given by:
Ok, that makes sense. It was just funny to look at that and think...

[Image: something-isnt-right-here.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay, but what are search engine bots doing here? I would think they were blocked? I didn't even know what the third one was until I looked it up.
Thanks given by:
I have not blocked them, to get some traffic... have I made a bad move? What you all guys think?
Thanks given by:
we blocked all but google....google bot pops up here and there
Thanks given by:
Well, on the one hand it does bring more traffic but, on the other hand, it bring more spammers "our" way too.
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-14, 03:59 AM)spoRv Wrote: I have not blocked them, to get some traffic... have I made a bad move? What you all guys think?

I don't think it makes a difference. Search bots always find a way.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to Feallan, now we have a quite good anti-spam filter - that, of course, will not be perfect, but will prevent a LOT of spammers to sign up... and, we can't live without being indexed by Baidu and Yandex! Wink
Thanks given by: