Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StudioCanal "stole" my Raw Deal Trailer Restoration
These little knockleheads really took my restoration for the Raw Deal trailer of my YT-Channel and put it on the new Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray release. Well, since it's watermarked they cropped it to 4:3. But I instantly recognized my work. Exact same edits and text. They even patched in a few shots where they couldn't crop out a banner. But the real funny thing is that could've just asked for the watermark-free file.

Not even studios ask these days and grab things of youtube Rolleyes Wink
Visit my YouTube Channel for my projects and movie trailers Ok
Thanks given by:
Wow I can’t believe they did that.
Thanks given by:
Here is a comparison video

In the actual original trailer some scenes had a different take/angle and also footage was missing in the final cut that you can see in the trailer. But I tried to stay as close as possible to original trailer. Yes, SC's version looks a little bit different in terms of colors. But c'mon, the exact same edits I've made and the text is a perfect match as well. Heck, the movie title screen wasn't 100% on my part. The white bar below the title is a bit too thick, compared to the original.

I've only seen another person trying to restore the trailer, which I've mentioned here. But he used for one particular scene a different approach. See time 1:10 (shoot out in the pit)

(2022-10-29, 10:03 PM)PDB Wrote: Wow I can’t believe they did that.

Well... on the other hand: If you need to steal, steal from the best Big Grin Wink
Thanks given by: Endocryne
They didn't even crop it properly in this scene and you can see the letter 'T'. Rolleyes

[Image: kCbh96G.jpg]
Thanks given by: Endocryne , bendermac
They didn't bother giving you credit of the work
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure, but I think the guy who does find these little gems, and get paid for them, is also on this forum. That's weird he didn't ask.
Thanks given by:
Wow! I wanted to buy this but now I'm not sure I want to..
A trailer cropped in 4:3 stolen from youtube? (not to diminish your work of course).
That is unacceptable!
Thanks given by:
Happened to me too - La Rabbia (coincidentally, another French label) grabbed my Sorcerer restoration for their disc - not a word of acknowledgement. I don't think they perceive any real value in this short stuff, and it's not as if they haven't bought the rights to the footage - we've just saved them a job.

Arrow are a great deal more civilized to work with!
Thanks given by: Stamper
(2022-10-30, 01:21 AM)Hitcher Wrote: They didn't even crop it properly in this scene and you can see the letter 'T'.  Rolleyes

[Image: kCbh96G.jpg]

[FACEPALM]
AKA thxita on OriginalTrilogy
I preserve movies as they first appeared in Italy.
Thanks given by:
Technically, your restoration is for educational purposes and you own the copyright, bendermac.

Unless you provided download links, StudioCanal ripped the video from youtube in violation of the Millennium Copyright act. That is criminal. Not only did they not do it for private use, a common argument, they did it for profit.
YouTube has a really dim view of this and might be convinced to take them to court. At the very least it could get StudioCanal banned.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ladykillers 4k Restoration Hitcher 4 2,773 2021-01-10, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Kynch
  Michael Jackson's GHOSTS: restoration by "RΔҒΔΣL" pipefan413 9 4,218 2020-11-15, 08:35 AM
Last Post: maksnew
  Restoration Essentials: Tax-Free Weekend Koopa Luath 15 13,427 2017-08-09, 09:23 AM
Last Post: CSchmidlapp
  my two restoration PCs are dead!!! spoRv 6 6,259 2016-04-15, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Evit