Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Thumbs Up 
Yesterday we wanted to watch a "different" movie - not the "usual" sci-fi, horror, zombie, action etc.
So, took my 1€ Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and rewatch it after a lot of months...

A strange (in a good way) film... comedy, videogame, music, comics, everything melted together in a final product that is fun to watch and never boring; if you haven't watched it yet, you'll be amazed - and don't forget to watch also deleted/extended scenes, it may lead you to think about an extended restoration project! Wink
Thanks given by:
There was an extended cut released a couple of years back.

http://www.fanedit.org/ifdb/component/co...ed-edition
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the link; unfortunately, it seems a not so high quality fanedit...
Thanks given by:
I love this movie. Saw it in theaters and I'll never forget when that pixelated Universal logo came up with the 8-bit music. This is the movie I watch when I need a pick me up (along with Monty Python and The Holy Grail). I think I'll be meeting the author of Scott Pilgrim--Brian Lee O'Malley in September. Smile
Thanks given by:
What an absolutely fantastic movie that should have done better at the box office! Edgar Wright is without a doubt the best comic director of the last 30 years or so. The attention to detail is fantastic, with not a dull stretch. I must say, I found the ending great even though others prefer the alternate.
Thanks given by:
This is actually one of my favourites of all time.
Thanks given by:
I actually fell asleep half way through when I first tried to watch it Smile
Maybe I should try again...
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-11, 07:45 PM)Satanika Wrote: I actually fell asleep half way through when I first tried to watch it Smile
Maybe I should try again...
You should! That being said, it's understandable why one could fall asleep in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It's a pretty high energy movie with a lot happening at once and Edgar Wright's kinetic style pushed to its ultimate extreme. Amazingly, though, everything is coherent and never overwhelming.

Lots of action movies, even good ones, are like that for me. Speaking of good action movies, I think I'll check on the Mad Max Fury Road thread...
Thanks given by:
The biggest flaw of the Scott Pilgrim movie is they were in a hurry to get it out and didn't want to wait until the comic series ended.
As a result they had to make it up themselves and it's weaker than the real ending.

Although any extended edit needs to include Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation from Adult Swim. It is actually a segment from the comic and not some randomly made up publicity short.
Thanks given by:
(2015-06-11, 07:01 PM)ilovewaterslides Wrote: This is actually one of my favourites of all time.

Seconded! It's faithful to the original material, for the most part, and they both carry a strong message.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In This review of the history of the world part 1 blu ray this is the only negatives jedimasterplo 0 779 2023-01-14, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jedimasterplo
  Hell, i like so much the world of T1&2... Bo Lero 0 1,446 2021-02-08, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bo Lero
Heart Jurassic World Jetrell Fo 24 23,990 2019-05-14, 09:53 PM
Last Post: spoRv