Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[proposal] Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997) - extended version
Question 
I own the JP trilogy on DVD, and, even if I was aware of the two deleted scenes on JP2, I haven't thought about to use them to make an extended version, until yesterday, when I discovered there is a TV version with those scenes reinstated... at least, now it's possible to know where those scenes should excactely be positioned!

I wonder if the JP2 BD has those scenes in HD or not; if not, I thought it's always possible to PaNup the NTSC DVD (or BD, as they should be the same) and the PAL DVD to obtain a better quality upscales for them, to be mixed with the BD.

Opinions?
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-03, 09:33 PM)spoRv Wrote: I own the JP trilogy on DVD, and, even if I was aware of the two deleted scenes on JP2, I haven't thought about to use them to make an extended version, until yesterday, when I discovered there is a TV version with those scenes reinstated... at least, now it's possible to know where those scenes should excactely be positioned!

I wonder if the JP2 BD has those scenes in HD or not; if not, I thought it's always possible to PaNup the NTSC DVD (or BD, as they should be the same) and the PAL DVD to obtain a better quality upscales for them, to be mixed with the BD.

Opinions?

I believe the deleted scenes are in sd only. It's said the video quality of these deleted scenes are problematic. So we really need an HD capture of the TV version.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
The TV version I obtained from MS is good, to be an SD TV capture, but not as good as the DVD - even if I must admit initial shots of the first deleted scene has some problems, that I think could be solved quite easily IMHO; plus, TV is fullscreen, where DVD is letterboxed, with fewer details on top and bottom, but more on both sides, and will match better the rest of the movie... and, I should add the DVD has some more shots than TV version...

...unless someone could provide the HD capture of the TV version, or at least of the deleted scenes!!!
Thanks given by:
spoRv, there is a 14 GB HDTV capture at rutracker. I don't know if it has the deleted scenes.

The lenght is 02:03:12, at 25 fps.

If you think it can be the one by the lenght, I can download it and check.
Thanks given by:
The TV version is around 2:12 (NTSC) so I don't think the rutracker one has the deleted scenes inside, BUT... if it doesn't contain final credit - as soon happens - maybe it could be it...

If you have a fast connection and would like to spend some time to download and check it, well, go for it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ok, downloading!

Which scenes do I have to look for? And around when they appear in the movie?
Thanks given by:
The first is right after the first scene of the girl on the island and just before Malcom is in the underground - there is nothing between them in the theatrical cut... if there is a scene there, then it's the TV version!
Thanks given by:
No luck. Theatrical cut. Sad
Thanks given by:
I knew it... :-/
Thanks given by:
The Sy-Fy channel (I hate that name) in the US ran The Lost World last night as part of its Jurassic Park Marathon. I was surprised to see it was the TV cut with those two added scenes. Unfortunately, they have a giant logo and I am 95% sure those scenes are an SD upconvert (the rest of the movie is true HD). If you want I can make you a copy spoRV if you think its useful.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposal: The James Cameron Project PDB 315 52,387 2 hours ago
Last Post: zoidberg
  The Wrong Guy (1997) - CA DVD stwd4nder2 0 186 2024-02-05, 10:53 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  [Help] Army of Darkness - TV Version Reconstruction in 1080p RidgeShark 6 1,439 2023-10-07, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Doctor M
  Drive (2011): DVD Version stwd4nder2 2 646 2023-10-03, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Lotto
  Suspiria - R-Rated US theatrical version in HD SpaceBlackKnight 2 1,792 2023-10-01, 10:06 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  [Request] Rocky IV Directors Cut OAR/Hybrid UAR version Red41804 1 592 2023-07-10, 11:36 PM
Last Post: dillon
  [proposal] Robocop - Theatrical Cut alexpeden2000 96 63,373 2023-05-17, 03:01 AM
Last Post: axeyou
  Akira - Definitive Version (W.I.P. - I Need Material) metahades 0 626 2023-04-25, 04:54 AM
Last Post: metahades
  [Request] The Wizard of Oz (1982, Toho) English version reconstruction in HD James76 4 1,831 2023-04-10, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Falcon
  Hitchcock's Blackmail [with proper AR] (Sound Version) jolennon 4 1,226 2023-04-07, 05:45 AM
Last Post: captainsolo