Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight Club PrimeVideo/Bluray
Hello, 
Just want let you all know that Amazon Prime Video has Fight Club, atleast here in Sweden, and by the look of it seems to be an early transfer in HD. (2K telecine?)
I can tell it doesn't have the Bluray transfer color correction and the overall tone is more warm in the highlights. And it has pure filmgrain. No DNR. Oh yes!

Does anyone have more information on this?

Regards
Sebastian
Thanks given by:
It sounds like the earlier HD master that was used for the D-VHS release.
Thanks given by:
A while ago I got in contact with the author of this website after I read the gorgeously detailed review of the many incarnations of Se7en there. Recently he picked up my recommendation to compare the several versions of Fight Club as well, so you guys might be interested in reading that.

What he hasn't mentioned for some reason though is that the newer master from 2008 shows some traces of aliasing whereas the older one doesn't - that at least according to the screenshots where it's most apparent on the car window frame and on the fork. My uneducated guess is that the new scan's spatial resolution somewhat exceeded what is possible in 2K Nyquist/Shannon-wise and hasn't gotten properly prefiltered for some reason so a future 4K release might indirectly fix that, taking the issue of the somewhat boosted contrast and more popping colors aside of course.
Thanks given by:
I like his blog, he writes always interesting things with a good writing style. And I'm pretty sure he's one of our members...
Thanks given by:
Yes indeed, very rare and light years away from the regular reviews which often miss the real details.

Tried to contribute to this by getting that German BD release but sadly the one I got via eBay turned out to be completely unreadable despite its pristine optical condition. Sad
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-09, 06:19 PM)little-endian Wrote: A while ago I got in contact with the author of this website after I read the gorgeously detailed review of the many incarnations of Se7en there. Recently he picked up my recommendation to compare the several versions of Fight Club as well, so you guys might be interested in reading that.

What he hasn't mentioned for some reason though is that the newer master from 2008 shows some traces of aliasing whereas the older one doesn't - that at least according to the screenshots where it's most apparent on the car window frame and on the fork. My uneducated guess is that the new scan's spatial resolution somewhat exceeded what is possible in 2K Nyquist/Shannon-wise and hasn't gotten properly prefiltered for some reason so a future 4K release might indirectly fix that, taking the issue of the somewhat boosted contrast and more popping colors aside of course.

I'm sure it's a stupid question but how can I subscribe to that blog so I can get an email notification every time he posts a new article?
AKA thxita on OriginalTrilogy
I preserve movies as they first appeared in Italy.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-10, 09:53 AM)little-endian Wrote: Yes indeed, very rare and light years away from the regular reviews which often miss the real details.

Tried to contribute to this by getting that German BD release but sadly the one I got via eBay turned out to be completely unreadable despite its pristine optical condition. Sad

That seem to be a problem with all of them. I have two of the discs. Both not working in any device, I've tested do far. Sad
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
Damnit! Jack Bauer mode
Thanks given by:
As I wrote earlier, I can get a removed drive with 46GB HDBits
Thanks given by:
You would be a Fight Club honorary savior maksnew Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio problem with Jaws 2 Bluray titanic 4 5,647 2021-08-17, 06:44 AM