Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come and See (1985) regrade (using the DVD as reference).
Photo 
I've been working on a regrade of this classic war film (probably the best war film ever).

I'm using, of course, ColorMatch to create the LUTs (more than a hundred!) and the DVD as reference (but not as a matching reference). Then, DaVinci Resolve for the final grading.

Very difficult to grade this film, as the BluRay has literally dozens of different gradings... or differently faded footage I should say, as it appears to be unrestored. There's one more thing that makes the grading even more difficult: dynamically graded (faded) footage (meaning that the grade/fade graduallly changes within a scene).

I'm still polishing some scenes... I'll post a message when it's finished.

A comparison gallery (BD/DVD/Regrade) can be found here: Comparison Gallery

Some pics of the results so far:

[Image: U314khU.jpg]
[Image: En3GVUg.jpg]
[Image: PfRsmVh.jpg]
[Image: 82o73cp.jpg]
[Image: gcaiV6k.jpg]
[Image: MhvBoRA.jpg]
[Image: 15gWnOK.jpg]
[Image: scNQQIz.jpg]
Thanks given by: IcePrick , Stamper , fandenivoldsk , maksnew
I had no idea there was a Blu-Ray version floating around! Please make sure to include the original unaltered sound mix. Russico did a 5.1 remix that replaced a lot of sound effects with really terrible stock ones that stick out distractingly. I have a VHS copy of this from Kino that contains the original sound mix, the same subtitle track as 35mm prints, and isn't film-to-PAL-to-NTSC that I might digitize and put up elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-26, 02:39 AM)shonenbat Wrote: I had no idea there was a Blu-Ray version floating around! Please make sure to include the original unaltered sound mix. Russico did a 5.1 remix that replaced a lot of sound effects with really terrible stock ones that stick out distractingly. I have a VHS copy of this from Kino that contains the original sound mix, the same subtitle track as 35mm prints, and isn't film-to-PAL-to-NTSC that I might digitize and put up elsewhere.

This is a Japan (and Russia I think) edition only. It does have the original mono mix (uncompressed PCM!   Smile ).
The 5.1 mix of the DVD it's not in sync with the BD (it's a bit like The Terminator multichannel remix, isn't it?). I extracted all 6 channels and tried to sync them one by one to the BD... the results were terrible, so only the original mix will be included. English and spanish subs.
Thanks given by:
OK, grading finished!
Only thing left now is encoding. 40 Mbit/s or so; that will be about 42 GB (matroska file of course).

Well, I can't edit my first post... so here's the gallery:

Gallery (34 pics)
Thanks given by:
Released!!

Should I post a new thread on the "Released" subforum or does a moderator take care of moving this one?
Thanks given by:
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Your welcome. I wouldn’t mind watching your project. I’ve heard of the movie and it’s good rep but never seen it.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-08, 04:01 PM)PDB Wrote: Your welcome. I wouldn’t mind watching your project. I’ve heard of the movie and it’s good rep but never seen it.

Highly recommended. It's amazing how it takes you from your seat and puts (drops) you there with the characters.
Thanks given by:
Exclamation 
Deluge user: please, use utorrent (look for old version 2.2.1).

Seriously!
Thanks given by:
uTorrent 2.2.1 has serious security bug in it, it's not good idea to be using it anymore.

Could I get the Magnet/Torrent for this on PM? Cheers.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Archived] Aliens (1986) [Project: Celluloid — Branching Regrade] LucasGodzilla 9 3,516 2024-02-08, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  [No Longer Available] The Hitcher Regrade and Video Fix PDB 27 12,367 2024-01-13, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  The Protector (威龍猛探) [1985]--Japanese version Film Whisperer restoration The Film Whisperer 0 328 2024-01-09, 03:40 AM
Last Post: The Film Whisperer
  [Released] HALLOWEEN: Evil Waits (2013 regrade with new prologue and original mono audio) pipefan413 20 6,732 2023-12-05, 11:31 PM
Last Post: alexpeden2000
  [Released] Legend (1985) - U.S. TV Cut HD Reconstruction kidjupiter92 3 1,661 2023-04-27, 09:46 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Archived] Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (1982) [Project: Celluloid — Regrade] LucasGodzilla 22 9,482 2023-03-10, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Virtualcrane
  Blade Runner International Cut Regrade (Criterion Collection Laserdisc) PDB 44 53,905 2022-09-03, 07:07 AM
Last Post: BDgeek
  [Retired] The Dark Knight (Regrade and Imax Restoration) PDB 146 133,308 2022-08-07, 11:08 AM
Last Post: GOBLINx500
  Hard Boiled - Japanese BD Regrade sanjuro_61 6 3,717 2021-12-17, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Kubadzi
  [No Longer Available] Halloween II VHS Regrade (Quick Project) PDB 14 3,500 2021-11-17, 08:40 PM
Last Post: PDB