Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] in a web site about open matte...
...what do you want to see included?

I mean: a forum? Articles with explanations of open matte and other aspect ratios? Screenshot comparisons? [fill the blanket]?

SHOOT! Happy
Thanks given by:
Screenshot comparisons sound nice. But it doesn't have to be a complicated overlap or anything, just two thumbnails beside each other would do I think.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-11, 01:40 PM)TomArrow Wrote: Screenshot comparisons sound nice. But it doesn't have to be a complicated overlap or anything, just two thumbnails beside each other would do I think.

Or, both... Wink
Thanks given by:
If your doing screenshots, the UAR type would be cool to see
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-11, 02:45 PM)Bigrob Wrote: If your doing screenshots, the UAR type would be cool to see

Sure thing!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I agree with the others, screenshots or examples wouldn't be bad I suppose (Although I don't see a real need for any additions / changes, but it's your forum).
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd like to have a forum, where every thread is actually a movie title, and inside it people will talk about open matte/full screen versions on DVD, BD and other media, with links to them and actual pics of widescreen Vs open matte...

Yep, it will contain literally thousand threads, I know, but I don't see another way to do that, with the collaboration of site users... unless someone has a better idea, I'm open to any suggestion!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-12, 09:12 PM)spoRv Wrote: I'd like to have a forum, where every thread is actually a movie title, and inside it people will talk about open matte/full screen versions on DVD, BD and other media, with links to them and actual pics of widescreen Vs open matte...

Yep, it will contain literally thousand threads, I know, but I don't see another way to do that, with the collaboration of site users... unless someone has a better idea, I'm open to any suggestion!

I have been doing this for about a year, having created a special group in the social group in which I post screenshots of the comparison, and I do the distributions myself on bluebird-hd, I’m interested in many projects I post later on the same resource.
Thanks given by:
I knew it, Max - good job, by the way!

But, I'd like to stay away from social networks, and keep thinks inside a website - call me a dinosaur, I know... but why should I work for Mark Z. for free? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If there should be a thread for each movie, how about having a system like reddit where each comment can get a reply to itself and thus you can always see the top-level comments and then see the replies specifically to that comment? Normal forum threads tend to get confusing once they reach a certain size, which I think is almost never useful.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site does make it clear where to post this but this guy is working on fixing errors jedimasterplo 4 1,952 2021-10-19, 04:25 PM
Last Post: jedimasterplo
  Amazon Matrix Open Mattes Hitcher 5 2,339 2021-07-08, 01:52 PM
Last Post: maksnew
  [versions] 4:3 open matte version of 1963's Blood Feast SpaceBlackKnight 0 1,454 2021-03-19, 04:44 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  Lord of the Rings trilogy - open matte spoRv 102 91,611 2019-03-03, 10:43 PM
Last Post: PDB
  An American Werewolf in London open matte? drsyn71 3 3,621 2018-04-28, 12:36 PM
Last Post: spoRv