Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Germany
I'm new here and am deaf. I live in Germany and my English is not so perfect but is acceptable.

I want to introduce myself who I am. So, I love only movies and I love most of them which are 80/90s. I'm a big movie fan and am also a collector. I have uncounters movies on BDs and mkv's on my storage which can be streamed on my SmartTV Samsung UE55ES8090 with using Multimediaplayer Dune HD Pro 4K.

Since one year I have Laserdisc-Player and some LDs because they have closed captions which they have not done on DVDs, maybe also on BDs. I need subtitles to get understand than without. I can't imagine today how could I watched so many movies without subtitles in the 90s. I did not know that in the US there were subtitles on the VHS and LDs that the decoder can support.

I am also a Fanedit, for example I dubbed the extended cut of Superman part 1 for German language and subtitles or I edited the unrated version of Dead Presidents and I could digitalize that from LD to HD with inserts with HD upscaling and now I'm working at the excellent movie Ransom - Extended Cut starring Mel Gibson for HD with HD upscaling like Dead Presidents. Then I will work for Pearl Harbor Director's Cut because there is still no released on BD, ...etc. And last good I also can get rip closed captions from LD or VHS to watch on the better quality screen of movies with subtitles. Wink

Now you know who I am  Big Grin
Thanks given by: Valeyard , Atreyo , spoRv
Welcome, comrade. So you really are deaf? Well, Stamper might have some apology to make for a joke he made the other day...
I'll tell you something: I work for a company in France that mostly makes French subtitles for the hearing-impaired, so I know how valuable they are and can appreciate your situation.
Thanks given by: DeafYakuza
Glad to see you have finally formally introduced yourself. Welcome aboard!
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Welcome. Pleased to have you here.
Welcome!
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
(2019-02-22, 12:33 AM)Beber Wrote: Welcome, comrade. So you really are deaf? Well, Stamper might have some apology to make for a joke he made the other day...
I'll tell you something: I work for a company in France that mostly makes French subtitles for the hearing-impaired, so I know how valuable they are and can appreciate your situation.

Yes, I am deaf since birth. I have devices on my ears.
That's interesting that you are working for a company there to makes French subtitles. I know to make subtitles is very hard to do that.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-21, 11:58 PM)DeafYakuza Wrote: I'm new here and am deaf. I live in Germany and my English is not so perfect but is acceptable.

Just saying:
https://9gag.com/gag/aRP0Kp5/me-speaking-to-a-german

Big Grin
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Welcome!

You might like this video:

It also has proper captions too (not auto-generated garbage).
Thanks given by:
What oh sorry man as you guess, I had no idea. I just made a joke on your nickname and as you know, mostly nicknames are fictional not related to reality. Apologies and welcome in this community.
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hallo from Germany Atreyo 8 7,165 2018-12-05, 11:32 PM
Last Post: PDB
  Hello from Germany rotaxt 5 4,938 2017-07-05, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo
  greetings from germany mofo69 10 11,577 2015-12-30, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo
  Hi from Germany.. and OT MrBrown 25 20,293 2015-10-29, 08:09 PM