Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
greetings from germany
hi,

this forum got my attention from song of the south.

I am addicted to 35mm format and love to hear the sound of a projector
and see all those scratches. as with vinyl they add a level of imperfection,
that makes me feel very comfortable.

but I also cheer when I see BDs with excellent transfers, that give you
a film-experience. (ok, not that many ....)

cu
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard.

Vinyl is great, it is much more relaxing to enjoy musik that way. I just got some great stuff on vinyl. "Rammstein" 21 Years Box set just blows away. Each Studio Album split upon 2 Vinyl, with 2 to 4 tracks on each side.
Also the sound is great.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
On behalf of the community, "Welcome to fanres!" Big Grin

I agree with you guys about the "feel" of 35mm is just something else and it's a shame that it's pretty much a dead art now. Similarly, I have certain stuff digitized from Vinyl (24bit lossless, of course) and it sounds incredible, much better than any CD counterparts. It just has a "warmth" to it that is pleasant to the earsWink
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-27, 11:31 AM)jerryshadoe Wrote: ...

I agree with you guys about the "feel" of 35mm is just something else and it's a shame that it's pretty much a dead art now. Similarly, I have certain stuff digitized from Vinyl (24bit lossless, of course) and it sounds incredible, much better than any CD counterparts. It just has a "warmth" to it that is pleasant to the earsWink

So.. Quentin Tarantino commits kind of movie making necrophilia with the Hateful Eights... Big Grin
But, yeah, the analoge movie format and also analog audio has some depth lacking in digital distribution.

Some Years ago (~10 yrs.) I talked with someone who organized 16mm screenings... he said, that with all that cleaned up digital releasing, the movies felt more fascinating on normal film...

I agree, that the sound of a projector, like the sound of a needle on vinyl, give it something... warming and charming...
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard!
Thanks given by:
looking forward to see QT next movie in 70mm. there is only a handful of cinemas in Germany showing the roadshow version and 2 are actually only able to show it according
to requirements.

otherwise I see, we have the same reception of analog Smile
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-27, 06:05 PM)mofo69 Wrote: looking forward to see QT next movie in 70mm. there is only a handful of cinemas in Germany showing the roadshow version and 2 are actually only able to show it according
to requirements.

otherwise I see, we have the same reception of analog Smile

I hope to see it in Essen, in the Lichtburg, maybe the last weekend in January.
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-27, 06:20 PM)MrBrown Wrote: I hope to see it in Essen, in the Lichtburg, maybe the last weekend in January.

will visit Karlsruhe / Schauburg. Lichtburg is a beautiful theatre but screen is only 150qm compared to 250qm in Karlsruhe. nevertheless we will enjoy it anyway, right? Smile
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-27, 09:35 PM)mofo69 Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 06:20 PM)MrBrown Wrote: I hope to see it in Essen, in the Lichtburg, maybe the last weekend in January.

will visit Karlsruhe / Schauburg. Lichtburg is a beautiful theatre but screen is only 150qm compared to 250qm in Karlsruhe. nevertheless we will enjoy it anyway, right? Smile

Riiight. Smile
Essen is just next city, Karlsruhe is a bit far away from Mülheim/Ruhr aus.
Big Grin
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-27, 10:39 PM)MrBrown Wrote: Riiight. Smile
Essen is just next city, Karlsruhe is a bit far away from Mülheim/Ruhr aus.
Big Grin

greetings from Cologne
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Germany DeafYakuza 14 8,695 2019-02-23, 07:36 PM
Last Post: DeafYakuza
  Hallo from Germany Atreyo 8 7,171 2018-12-05, 11:32 PM
Last Post: PDB
  Hello from Germany rotaxt 5 4,945 2017-07-05, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo
  Hi from Germany.. and OT MrBrown 25 20,312 2015-10-29, 08:09 PM