Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subtitle Conversion
So, I'm making a custom BD of a film (Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel 1. presage flower), and using different sources. The video is the IT BD from Dynit which has slightly better compression and has less banding than the JP BD. However, there's no English subtitles. The JP BD has them, and because I know the compressionist in Italy who did it, it has the same timing as the JP BD which makes adding subs for viewing on a PC easy.

However, I prefer to view films off a disc whenever possible. I downloaded the subs of the JP BD, but they're in a file format I'm not familiar with- .SUP

The BD format uses .PGS subtitles, so I was curious- would they need to be converted to make a self-authored disc? And if so, how?

(Also, if I were to do a 1:1 lossless version using the .m2ts file, would I rip it encrypted or unencrypted?)

Sorry for the n00b questions- I've been a PQ snob and finally decided to make custom BDs. (I may be helping out someone do a custom of Suspiria '77, so this would come in handy.)
Retro always wins!
Thanks given by:
SUP format is Blu-ray compatible, should work fine with an authored disc.
Thanks given by: professorwho
(2019-04-28, 05:29 AM)bronan Wrote: SUP format is Blu-ray compatible, should work fine with an authored disc.

Thanks! What about your sources- do you use an MKV or m2ts when authoring?
Retro always wins!
Thanks given by:
I've used two different ways to author Blu-ray discs, tsMuxer and MultiAVCHD. tsMuxer is good if you just want to burn an MKV to a disc that autoplays and don't care about the menus. Just drop your MKV in and pick the Blu-ray .ISO output then burn with ImgBurn. For more complicated stuff you can use MultiAVCHD which is also free (but a little temperamental and complicated). It has menu creation support and much more, and also accepts MKVs and SUP.
(2019-04-28, 05:47 AM)bronan Wrote: I've used two different ways to author Blu-ray discs, tsMuxer and MultiAVCHD. tsMuxer is good if you just want to burn an MKV to a disc that autoplays and don't care about the menus. Just drop your MKV in and pick the Blu-ray .ISO output then burn with ImgBurn. For more complicated stuff you can use MultiAVCHD which is also free (but a little temperamental and complicated). It has menu creation support and much more, and also accepts MKVs and SUP.

In this case, as I want to add in subs, MultiAVCHD? Does tsMuxer convert subs of any format to PGS or SUP?
Retro always wins!
Thanks given by:
tsMuxer should be ok with external SUP file. You can always add it to your MKV beforehand with MKVToolnix.
TSmuxeR accepts .SUP files as well - just drag'n'drop tracks you need, give them right properties (language, for example), then remux.
Much easier than MultiAVCD if you do not need menus.
(2019-04-28, 05:49 AM)professorwho Wrote: Does tsMuxer convert subs of any format to PGS or SUP?

No, it won't do any conversions like that. MultiAVCHD comes with EasySUP which isn't bad, but if you need to get an ASS (or SRT) to SUP you can use my GUI for avs2bdnxml. It works a lot better than EasySUP for anime stuff where there are multiple subtitles on the screen like signs or songs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blu-ray subtitle conversion tool (sub2bd) bronan 145 62,452 2021-08-26, 07:53 PM
Last Post: theprion
  [Help] Correct Bad Frame Rate Conversion CSchmidlapp 29 21,983 2019-05-24, 10:17 PM
Last Post: zoidberg
  Lossless conversion from MOV? Serums 2 2,626 2018-12-20, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Serums
  Best option for this conversion ..... Jetrell Fo 9 10,099 2015-12-24, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo