Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Crystal (1982) - LD PCM
If someone has this movie on LD, would you so kind and capture (bit-perfect) it, so it can be synced to the 4K release. The 4K release only has a new Atmos mix. If the capturer wont sync it, please capture the video too. It will help to make the syncing a lot easier.

There are 3 possible LDs, two from USA and one from Japan. I don't know which would be the best. But preserving the original mix over the Atmos should be the goal, right.

Cheers and thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
I have PILF-1011 captured, could maybe sync it myself, as I just got the UHD as well. Probably won't be able to do it this week, though.
Thanks given by: bendermac
Awesome!!! No rush Smile
Thanks given by:
I have both U.S. Laserdiscs. The one that Disney put out had some major changes to the look of the film, (it was too bright and colorful, ruining the unique look it's always had) but I've no idea if they messed with the audio on that release. The Universal logo and part of the overture was cut though. IIRC the "Collector's Edition" from Image and HBO home video is fully intact.

The Japanese full frame disc is the same as the 80's VHS/Beta master, which inexplicably replaced the closing credits with a much shorter video crawl over artwork of Aughra and uses a but a tiny portion of the score. The Muppet Home video logo at the beginning with Kermit I've not seen elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
Well, I think I'm gonna give up trying to sync the PCM from PILF-1011, as in addition to the replaced credit scroll SilverWook mentioned, it has missing frames every 5 minutes, sometimes several seconds' worth. So it would be too much of a hassle to have to patch in audio from the UHD so many times.
The 1990 or 1994 US LD would probably be a better choice.
Thanks given by:
Several seconds? That's crazy. It sounds as if it's some shots are either absent or severely truncated.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it was more than 3 seconds, so 70+ frames missing. So far only came across one cut like that, but it was in the 1st 10 minutes so I pretty much decided then that it wouldn't be worth it to sync any further.
Thanks given by:
I have the 1994 US release ( 2596 AS ).

I'm not really set up to do any captures at the moment, but might be able to have a look at the end of the month.
Thanks given by:
The Remastered Blu-ray which contains the same master as the 4K UHD only has a 5.1 but I have a suspicion that it might be really an Auro mix. Other than that the video is great, but I think it might need something other than chess pretty video.
Thanks given by:
So it seems like the best source would be the Image Laserdisc. Does anybody have a copy of that?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] Blade Runner: Archival Versions (1982-1992) LD tracks synced to BD Hydra Spectre 0 507 2023-06-17, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Hydra Spectre
  [Help] The Thing (1982) -> Best Mix? bendermac 146 36,665 2021-12-13, 07:22 AM
Last Post: BDgeek
  [Request] Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull - Cinema DTS SHM 0 998 2021-12-01, 09:02 PM
Last Post: SHM
  Poltergeist (1982) - Uncompressed Trailer Audio Croweyes1121 0 1,358 2020-11-21, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Croweyes1121
  [Request] NEAR DARK NTSC audio pipefan413 42 16,312 2020-05-03, 03:37 AM
Last Post: pipefan413