Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z Nation - TV series
Thumbs Up 
Discovered lately, it was a surprise! After "The Walking Dead", a lighter zombie series was needed!

I like it very much, and the fact that it's based on the same universe of TWD - all are infected, and in the first episode there is even a reference to a cop closed into a prison with other people - maybe will lead to a crossover episode - it will be great to see it!
Thanks given by:
I don't think there will be a crossover. I think that was just a joke.

I love Z Nation. A lot of people just see the logo of The Asylum and assume it's going to be bad.

On the contrary, it was surprisingly good. They came up with a new idea for every episode instead of having the characters talking eternally in a farm.

It has some humor, but that doesn't take away the gravity of the situation.

I am a big fan of zombie films, and I started watching The Walking Dead with lots of expectations, I put up with the booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring second season and finally I left the series at the third season's mid-season.

Z Nation was fresh air, new ideas and some humor. I'm glad there is a second season comming.

There are "tv critics" who critizise the show without watching it, like this guy I just found. He ends his article like this: "The show has found a nice little home on Friday nights, and I have been known to drink lots of whiskey, fire it up on my TV, and laugh a lot. Especially when zombie babies are shot up in a hailstorm of bullets."

There was one zombie baby in the whole season, but this guy makes it sound like there was several zombie babies on each episode. I think he just watched the first one and wrote the article like he had seen the whole season.

Anyway, great series!
Thanks given by:
I must admit The Walking Dead was a little bit "tired" in the third season, but I watched the last one (first part of the fifth season) few days ago, and it was really better than the old ones, with a new sprint... advice: take a change to watch all the seasons, possibly one season a day... it will be a good experience! Wink

Z Nation had so many funny and new situation that indeed was really fresh and never boring - apart the only episode when the boy and the girl was repeating the dream... that was a bit boring!
Thanks given by:
I have always been a fan of the Nightmare On Elm Street films, so I liked that "dream within a dream" episode. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That dream within a dream episode i thought was the worst of all the eps. Though i do love the Nightmare On Elm Street films, i just don't want to see that in my zombie shows.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Man, I eventually dumped TWD (after the third season to be exact), and just like jadeitor, I pretty much love everything zombie; and Z Nation delivers! No boring soapy stuff, where TWD would need half a season to wrap up a story, Z Nation is done in an ep, which is great. Smile

Pilot was really bad though, definitely made it seem like it was going to be a typical Asylum production, but the show definitely improved since. I'm just hoping we're going to see Cassandra in the second season as well, she's got the whole half-zombie-half-human thing going on.
Thanks given by:
After watching Jerry's "We Are The Walking Dead" fanedit, I noted the phrase "puppies and kittens"... another thing in common with "Z nation" (it's the title of the first episode, and they talk about this in it)...
Thanks given by:
Watched the second season; less humour, more zombies (and not only)... a great and funny alternative to TWD - of course, I watch both! Wink
Thanks given by:
Same here, i watch both shows and really look forward to Z Nation these days. I guess it's just more fun and unpredictable then TWD. I do look forward to Jerry's WTWD though Wink

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
My wife wanted something "zombie" to watch while waiting for TWD and started binge watching this show on netflix. I must say, I prefer it over the film (which I thought was kinda "blah") and this second season was interesting, especially the episode with the tribal music mix in the Grand Canyon.

The likelihood of a cross-over between ZN and TWD is non-existent considering how different the two "world" are from each other, however I do like the "puppies and kittens" tribute that ZN pays to TWDSmile

As far as my WATWD edit is concerned, I am still working on it but have a had a little problem with lack of HDD space and I need to purchase another 2-4TB HDD for temp storage only. There are too many projects that I have in the "temp" stage and I need to start finishing something up to be able to finish others. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Had to get that outta my systemWink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TV series in streaming with wrong pitch spoRv 5 2,873 2021-06-12, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TheLoon
  [Help] Polish TV series "Mistrz i Malgorzata" 1990 help me find born113 3 3,338 2018-06-26, 09:30 PM
Last Post: born113
  Van Helsing - tv series spoRv 0 2,366 2017-07-23, 08:44 PM
Last Post: spoRv
Thumbs Up Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation PDB 6 9,130 2015-11-23, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Papai2013
Thumbs Up Almost Human (TV series) spoRv 4 5,987 2015-01-30, 09:19 AM
Last Post: spoRv