Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
[Image: i2GgEg4l.jpg]

There is no blu ray for this movie so the video comes from a 1080p webrip. This contained quite a lot of dirt and dust so the majority of this has been removed and I've also added some grain as the webrip appeared to be lacking. Added to that is the PCM audio from the Laserdisc and a bunch of special features I found on youtube.
  • BD25 with a menu, background video, pop up menu and resume function
  • 1080P taken from the webrip with additional cleanup
  • English 2.0 PCM taken from the laserdisc (ripped by Alinskey and synced by Alexpeden2000)
  • English 5.1 DD+ and French 2.0 AC3
  • English, French, German, Italian and Spanish subtitles
  • Bobbie Wygant interview with Nicholas Rowe
  • Late Late Show 1985 Segment
  • Film 86 Location Report
  • Stop Motion Featurette
  • Bruce Broughton Orchestra
  • Trailer
  • TV Spot

PM me for the links, contributing/long term members only please. Contributing means active members of the forum who post and/or make their own projects.

High Resolution cover and disc art available from @Pineapples101 Here.

[Image: WqnV0Na.png]
[Image: 77Eyz8L.png]
[Image: pgvSs6b.png]
[Image: 0lU87aj.png]
[Image: 31AeSnc.png]

The screenshots below of the menu are not great as the only way I could take them was from my phone:

[Image: 3vx0EvB.jpg]
[Image: GgYW0jv.jpg]
[Image: usO9Cem.jpg]

Just to clarify this is a project that I have made for myself which I am choosing to share. If you don't like the project, if you think it should have been done differently then feel free to keep that to yourself and consider doing your own project.
Thanks given by: Bigrob , PDB , Chewtobacca , Hitcher , X5gb , spoRv , jonno , tonecapone
Thanks for putting that together alleycat. Sad how this movie has been treated.
Thanks given by: alleycat
(2020-09-21, 03:54 PM)PDB Wrote: Thanks for putting that together alleycat. Sad how this movie has been treated.

I know, I haven't seen this for a while and forgot how good it was.
Thanks given by:
One of my childhood favourites. Always remember the scene where Watson is stuffing his face with cakes Big Grin

Awesome you got those featurettes and extras too. Good job.

What do you use to add grain?
(2020-09-21, 07:48 PM)NeonBible Wrote: Always remember the scene where Watson is stuffing his face with cakes Big Grin

That stuck in my memory as well. Funnily enough, I only recently rewatched the film, so it was a nice surprise to see a project spring up.

Thanks for making a decent version of this, alleycat! You've done well with the video, and it's great that people can hear Michael Hordern's wonderful narration again with such clarity.
Now, if only it has Italian track (possibly from laserdisc, but also DVD could do) it would be perfect! Wink
(along with German and Spanish tracks, too...) Tongue
(2020-09-21, 11:42 PM)spoRv Wrote: Now, if only it has Italian track (possibly from laserdisc, but also DVD could do) it would be perfect! Wink
(along with German and Spanish tracks, too...) Tongue

Yes I tried to find some other language tracks but I only have the Region One DVD and all that has is French
Thanks given by:
If you need Italian for an eventual 1.1 version, let me know! For German and Spanish, I could take a look around.
Looks great. Just finished watching and this is the first time I realised that it actually has a post credits scene!
I love the look of the menu and there are extras!
If Italian language could be added that will make my day. The old EU DVD release also included French, German, Spanish but I never owned that release. Sorry if I can't help you directly
AKA thxita on OriginalTrilogy
I preserve movies as they first appeared in Italy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Protector (威龍猛探) [1985]--Japanese version Film Whisperer restoration The Film Whisperer 0 297 2024-01-09, 03:40 AM
Last Post: The Film Whisperer
  [Released] Legend (1985) - U.S. TV Cut HD Reconstruction kidjupiter92 3 1,631 2023-04-27, 09:46 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Released] Return of the Living Dead (1985) theatrical reconstruction Evit 14 8,159 2021-04-15, 04:23 AM
Last Post: TheUndertaker180
Photo Come and See (1985) regrade (using the DVD as reference). sanjuro_61 17 11,566 2018-08-13, 07:36 PM
Last Post: maksnew