Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[In progress] Zack Snyder's Justice League - Resaturated
I've just started on a project to make the Zack Snyder version of Justice League more watchable for me. Perhaps others are interested as well.

I'm not calling my project a Regrade, since I'm not really grading the movie. I'm simply adding back a lot of saturation to the colors, and cropping it to match the standard 16:9 home format. I'm sure some will find it way too big a departure, but it looks good to me.

Screenshots:
[Image: 0-1.png]

[Image: 0-2.png]

[Image: 1-1.png]

[Image: 1-2.png]

[Image: 2-1.png]

[Image: 2-2.png]

[Image: 3-1.png]

[Image: 3-2.png]

[Image: 4-1.png]

[Image: 4-2.png]

[Image: 5-1.png]

[Image: 5-2.png]

[Image: 6-1.png]

[Image: 6-2.png]
Thanks given by:
wow, can't you just adjust the colors on your TV and crop it if you want to watch it like Marvel movie?
Thanks given by:
Perhaps, but I don't want to redo my TV calibrations for just one movie. Plus, this is more fun Smile
Thanks given by:
Enjoy it then.
Thanks given by:
Problem is I think it will look ok in some scenes but bad in others that naturally had more saturation left. Also in some cases you might have to reverse a color cast over the image first otherwise ur amplifying the color cast. And that would require knowing exactly what colorspace it was added in. Likewise adding back saturation would require the knowledge of how it was desaturated - was it in HSL space? LAB space? An entirely different one? Questions over questions.
Thanks given by:
That might be true, I'll get to see when the first pass is complete. This is a learning process for me.

Also, screenshots are a bit misrepresentative, as both the source and my encode is in HDR, so I had to tonemap for the shots. Might be able to produce a short sample clip if anyone's interested.
Thanks given by: pipefan413
I think in principle I can get behind this but the saturation boost is waaaaay too much from the screenshots, though I appreciate that the tonemapping might be throwing it off. Also, everything @TomArrow said, hah.

The cropping might also be a problem for certain scenes since there are at least some that are cropped in already to get to the tall frame (though most are opened up). Some will benefit from the wider framing though imo, I've seen some screenshots that have a lot of "dead space" to the extent that it's quite distracting rather than looking "right".

Aside: this is especially entertaining from my perspective because I've heard that he wanted to go a step further and release it in black and white...
Thanks given by:
(2021-03-24, 10:08 AM)pipefan413 Wrote: Aside: this is especially entertaining from my perspective because I've heard that he wanted to go a step further and release it in black and white...

He is -

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/137...46786?s=20
Thanks given by:
(2021-03-24, 10:37 AM)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-03-24, 10:08 AM)pipefan413 Wrote: Aside: this is especially entertaining from my perspective because I've heard that he wanted to go a step further and release it in black and white...

He is -

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/137...46786?s=20

HAHAH. Of course he is. My god.

I should stay out of this, I'm not a fan so I'll end up offending somebody.
Thanks given by:
I'm not a fan either actually Smile I just find this general trend toward less color and contrast in movies nowadays very annoying personally. And it's absolutely not just a Snyder or DC thing exclusively.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [In progress] Zack Snyder's Justice League Ultimate Edition franzkfk 31 11,620 2024-02-21, 10:28 PM
Last Post: franzkfk
  [in progress] Zack Snyder's Justice League - Reframed Gieferg 23 8,185 2022-12-16, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Bilbofett
  [In progress] Zack Snyder's Justice League - Regrade deleted user 24 8,274 2022-01-13, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Glendale58
  Man of Steel - Resaturated Franky 1 1,610 2021-04-06, 07:15 PM
Last Post: WXM