Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies with song replacement on Blu Ray
I hope this is the right spot for this.

I recently got the 1993 comedy Fatal Instinct on Blu Ray, which hasn't seen a proper widescreen release since Laserdisc. Much to my dismay, two songs were inexplicably replaced on the soundtrack, Iron Butterfly's in-a-gadda-da-vida, and Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl.

Brown Eyed Girl was originally played over the closing credits, and was replaced with an extension of the movie's score, but whatever they replaced  in-a-gadda-da-vida with sounds nothing like it at all.

There is no mention anywhere on the disc or packaging that this was done either. To make matters worse,  in-a-gadda-da-vida is referenced by the characters in the film, and mentioned on the commentary ported over from the 2003 full frame DVD. (Which also has the songs intact.) You can still hear the songs on the commentary track, so this is just baffling and annoying as heck that this sort of thing still goes on in 2016.

Are there any other movies recently reissued where this has happened?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REQUEST: LD PCM of a few Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies bendermac 10 9,421 2023-06-14, 09:01 PM
Last Post: axeyou
  Texas Chainsaw Massacre Movies The Aluminum Falcon 6 2,138 2022-08-24, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Endocryne