Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever really dreamed of a film print?
Big Grin 
Ok, I feel a bit embarrased saying this, but it was my first time and I found it very odd and funny!
I actually dreamed last night of watching a film print. Tongue

Well, in my dream, I downloaded an HDTV mkv version of An American Tail and as a surprise, you could choose between 2 different video options (like you do with audio options) and one of them was a magnificent looking film print of the movie (reminding me of the Bluray of The Land Before time) with fine grain and all!

has anything similar happened to anyone?
Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's probably not normal Smile
Thanks given by:
And your smoking what before bed? Tongue

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Not really. And by that I mean, yes. Somewhat. Well, no. It's complicated.
Thanks given by:
(2016-05-27, 02:55 PM)Feallan Wrote: That's probably not normal Smile

That depends on what your definition of "normal" isTongue

(2016-05-27, 05:24 PM)DoomBot Wrote: And your smoking what before bed? Tongue

Don't know about him, but you know I was enjoying some green before bed and, yes, to the OP's question: Yes, I have had dreams of watching film prints but not in the way you described. For me, it was more a matter of whatever project I'm working on "spilling" over into my dreams. For example, this just happened to me with one of the projects I am working on right now; I was going through a scene, frame-by-frame, while sitting on the couch, which has a hallway just to left, off-center and as I started passing out, the dark hallway (around 3am) started "flickering" with a "projection" of the film that I'm working on, with film scratches, reel marks, splices and all... I "watched" about 15 minutes of the film before the film broke due to a bad splice and I was ripped out of sleep at that moment (around 7am) just in time to get my daughter up and ready for school, LOLTongue

What's creepy about it, is that I went back and looked at my project and did find a splice line on the frame where the film broke in my dream, that I hadn't noticed when I was actually working on the project earlier... So, in my dream, I found a frame I actually need to fix in the real world... I should've taken the blue pill, LOL Big Grin

I've had similar stuff happen to me with numerous projects in the past, so you're not the only one, even if our dreams were very different...
Thanks given by: titanic
Thank heavens jerryshadoe.
I didn't want to feel the only crazy one here. Hehe.

Anyway, maybe this was just a one-time thing.
I was not well that day psychologically and maybe my mind took me to a place where I feel happy (seeing perfect prints of films I love and whose blurays are disappointing) in my dream.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Jerry.  Our dreams are often influenced by what's on our minds, and for those in our circle, that's often going to be film prints and the like.  It seems perfectly normal (and understandable) to me.
Thanks given by: titanic
No, but I did dream that Steven Spielberg directed the goriest Tom & Jerry cartoon ever. ...yeah, I don't know what made me come up with that...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 70mm 50th Anniversary Print nafroe 15 10,096 2019-07-27, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Beber
  Unused film reels for decor titanic 5 5,606 2018-05-07, 08:59 PM
Last Post: titanic
  Film Lovers and Video Editing the End Goal Ronster 2 3,701 2017-08-10, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Ronster
  FilmLab, an app for viewing and digitizing analog film bendermac 1 3,316 2017-05-14, 10:10 AM
Last Post: MrBrown