Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25fps to 24fps software that fixes pitch shift
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a soft, mac or PC (preferably mac) that fixes Pal audio pitch shift.

I've found some that fixes the speed, but the pitch remains the same (if higher pitch than the original).

Thanks if anyone can help.
Thanks given by:
You could do in Avisynth too, but lately I'm using Eac3TO - sorry, but they are PC only AFAIK
Thanks given by:
For stuff like this I use Audacity. It's free and it works great. Here you have to options to fix audio from 25fps to 24fps (or 23.976fps)...

If the pitch is not an issue, you can slow down the audio using the "Change Tempo" option found in the "Effects" menu or if pitch is an issue, you can use "Change Speed" option found in the "Effects" menu which will alter the pitch and the speed for you.

In case you are wondering, the proper percentage to change PAL back to NTSC (25fps to 23.976fps) is -4.096%
If you are changing NTSC to PAL, the percentage is +4.271

If you are wondering about the math behind it, or anything else considering this issue, there is a thread that explains it all very well here: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/30987...tch-change

Hope this helps and if not, feel free to ask more questions or PM meWink
Thanks given by: sertoli
Wow I had no idea Audacity did this. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Happy to helpWink
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Once I have pitched and speeded the audio back to 23.976, I guess I can export to 5.1 (hopefully Audacity doesn't switch channels order if I imported from a 5.1 ac3 audio) ac3 without any loss (I will encoded with a superior bitrate to the original to ensure no loss)
Thanks given by:
Audacity doesn't switch channel order, as long as you don't want to...

Advice: of course importing a lossy file (AC3, DTS) will be, well... lossy? Wink so it's futile to use an higher bitrate than the input file... when I do a frame rate conversion, the bitrate of the converted file is always the same as the bitrate of the source one.
Thanks given by:
I thought when making edits, working with a high quality up sampled source will almost always yield a higher quality result, all else being equal (due to rounding and other artifacts introduced by the editing algorithms themselves). Especially when you are talking about stretching/compressing time and/or pitch as in this case.

I'm not going to argue if these are perceptible or not (to some maybe), but probably not to my old ears though.
Thanks given by:
It sounds like the PAL speed footage has been incorrectly converted. Check for dropped frames/frame blending
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-31, 07:58 PM)spoRv Wrote: I'm using Eac3TO

Does that do it automatically? 'Cause that's how mine looks: I choose the input framerate and the output framerate, but that's it. No other setting offered. Maybe there's a more recent one that's more elaborated?

[Image: 241018eac3.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Video Editing Software Suggestions Doctor M 6 2,341 2022-09-06, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WXM
  Need help choosing audio mixing software. Doctor M 5 2,546 2021-07-19, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Doctor M
  What software to use for this quick/simple job? The Griff 3 2,545 2020-09-14, 11:59 AM
Last Post: The Griff
  A/V Software Suggestions For A Begginer Fan Editor/Restoration freetheworld 3 2,574 2020-08-17, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Hitcher
Music [Help] "PAL speedup" pitch shift... on Blu-ray?! pipefan413 12 7,255 2020-06-09, 10:14 PM
Last Post: allldu
  Pal content that is 25fps but plays at 23.976 speed Stamper 14 8,124 2019-03-09, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Stamper
  Video editing software FrankT 4 3,989 2018-03-24, 02:41 AM
Last Post: FrankT