Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[request]anyone think they can fix the nightmare on elm street blu ray set?
Anyone think they can fix the nightmare on elm street blu ray set? It has black crush it's missing the uncut versions of 1,5,6. Also does anyone think they can get the original audio tracks. ps. please remove my post in the restorations the was a mistake i meant to put it here.
Thanks given by:
Black crush, if it is black crush, is usually impossible to fix because no further information on black levels can be gathered from it but sometimes it's just a case of very very dark (but not crushed) blacks and something can come out of it.
Don't know what's the situation of Nightmare on Elm Street, have you searched it around, here and on OT?
AKA thxita on OriginalTrilogy
I preserve movies as they first appeared in Italy.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-12, 10:05 AM)Evit Wrote: Black crush, if it is black crush, is usually impossible to fix because no further information on black levels can be gathered from it but sometimes it's just a case of very very dark (but not crushed) blacks and something can come out of it.
Don't know what's the situation of Nightmare on Elm Street, have you searched it around, here and on OT?

how was it fix in the star wars despecialized edition then?
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-12, 05:51 PM)jedimasterplo Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 10:05 AM)Evit Wrote: Black crush, if it is black crush, is usually impossible to fix because no further information on black levels can be gathered from it but sometimes it's just a case of very very dark (but not crushed) blacks and something can come out of it.

By using completely different transfer.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-12, 05:51 PM)Colek Wrote:

what transfer did they use?
Thanks given by:
Despecialized Editions make use of so many different sources, some in high definition or directly from 35mm film!

Home video Blu Rays are only a final product, you can't magically pull stuff out of them. If they burnt the whites or crushed the blacks, those are lost for good. So the real question is, do Nightmare films exist in any other high definition format/edition/release?
Thanks given by:
Isn't the -Request- section intended for the request of help and material for someones own projects?

I do not think that this part of the forum is the correct place for general "could someone please do project [XY]..." threads...
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-12, 07:04 PM)MrBrown Wrote: Isn't the -Request- section intended for the request of help and material for someones own projects?

I do not think that this part of the forum is the correct place for general "could someone please do project [XY]..." threads...

then where is the right forum then?
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-12, 05:51 PM)Colek Wrote:

Actually Harmy managed to get some detail out of crushed areas thanks to high bitrate. At least that's what he said on the "sources" video.

(2016-07-12, 07:35 PM)jedimasterplo Wrote: then where is the right forum then?

There is no right forum for the kind of posts you keep making here and OT.com. You keep asking if someone can do edits you'd want, or if someone "thought" about doing them. I can guarantee that you will never get what you want this way anywhere on the internet.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully one day we'll get our hands on a 35mm copy and that will be a different story.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gulliver's Travels (1939) LD audio request Falcon 1 436 2023-10-03, 05:19 PM
Last Post: SHM
  (Request) Full Metal Jacket 1999 DVD CloakedDragon97 1 1,318 2022-11-30, 09:08 AM
Last Post: axeyou
  [Request] Dead & Buried (1981) AVCO Embassy Pictures logo Onti 3 1,533 2022-02-22, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Stamper
  [Request] Halloween (1978) Criterion Laserdisc Rip kidjupiter92 7 2,624 2022-02-04, 05:11 PM
Last Post: PDB
  (Request) The Shining VHS Rip CloakedDragon97 1 1,241 2022-01-03, 04:56 PM
Last Post: devomk
  [Request] JFK (1991) [Theatrical Cut] Kyaneos 15 15,592 2021-11-26, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Kyaneos
  [request] The Thing From Another World oh_riginal 12 9,639 2021-09-22, 07:44 PM
Last Post: captainsolo
  request booshan'e superman IV international cut humie99 13 6,259 2021-09-03, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Booshman
  request Booshman Superman 2 Restored International Cut stratostz 8 4,056 2021-05-31, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Booshman
  [request] Dracula (John Badham -1979) with original color badflame 12 16,556 2019-11-11, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PDB