Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Days Of Thunder (1990) Original Dolby Surround 2.0 mix
I have ripped the original Dolby 2.0 mix from the 1999 DVD of Days of Thunder in the FLAC format. Hopefully someone can sync it to the Blu-Ray Version.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxx436y8dd...0+Mix.flac

Update: I have now uploaded the untouched AC3 stream here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohbbx8mb4h....0+Mix.ac3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Stamper , BDgeek , Kynch
What's the point of you transcoding the AC3 file to FLAC?
You can easily sync AC3 without the need of transcoding in most cases.
Transcoding to FLAC will only make a synced file useable if you play it in a media player.
You can't use FLAC for making a burned copy. ALWAYS give the untouched source files.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 10:50 PM)bendermac Wrote: What's the point of you transcoding the AC3 file to FLAC?
You can easily sync AC3 without the need of transcoding in most cases.
Transcoding to FLAC will only make a synced file useable if you play it in a media player.
You can't use FLAC for making a burned copy. ALWAYS give the untouched source files.

it gets rid of Dialnorm and DRC (the Original Volume of the track is intact when you convert to FLAC ), and also if you want to make it into a DTS HD 2.0 stereo file (it can go as low as 255kbps for Stereo tracks), its best to convert to FLAC.
Thanks given by:
I agree it would be best to provide the untouched files, at least as alternative. Anyone here with the skill of syncing the file will be able to deal with the DRC etc. on their own.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 10:53 PM)dwalkerdon Wrote: it gets rid of Dialnorm and DRC (the Original Volume of the track is intact when you convert to FLAC ), and also if you want to make it into a DTS HD 2.0 stereo file (it can go as low as 255kbps for Stereo tracks), its best to convert to FLAC.

Because everyone has a $1.500 app at their disposal?
You're adding more work into something that is not needed.
And you don't seam to understand how DialNorm actually works.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 11:10 PM)bendermac Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 10:53 PM)dwalkerdon Wrote: it gets rid of Dialnorm and DRC (the Original Volume of the track is intact when you convert to FLAC ), and also if you want to make it into a DTS HD 2.0 stereo file (it can go as low as 255kbps for Stereo tracks), its best to convert to FLAC.

Because everyone has a $1.500 app at their disposal?
You're adding more work into something that is not needed.
And you don't seam to understand how DialNorm actually works.

I know how it works. On most consumer hardware it is not it is not user defeatable, and it results in crappy sounding audio compared to DTS and PCM. 

Dolby should give us the choice to turn off Dialnorm and Dynamic Range Compression on our amplifiers when decoding AC3
Thanks given by:
i have now uploaded the untouched AC3 file to Mediafire.
Thanks given by: Stamper , Kynch
This track sync's perfectly with the Blu-Ray!!!! I muxed this track with a 720p Blu-ray rip of Days Of Thunder and its perfect as is. No further work is required!!
Thanks given by:
Also works with Paramount Presents Blu Ray.
Thanks given by:
Hi dwalkerdon,

Thanks for the DVD capture, Days of Thunder is one of my all time favorites!

Having owned it on P&S LD, DVD, BD and now UHD, I've got so many memories of it (must have been one of my most spinned discs along with Top Gun, Bad Boys and The Rock).

Not knowing better by then, I sold my LD player and collection at the dawn of the DVD era (one of my greatest regrets).

Despite my absolute love for the LD format, I never jumped back on board because it's now very very hard to come by good discs and players in Brazil. The format was never officially released over here and importing nowadays is a huge hastle due to restrictions on custom's policy regarding size and value (anything over USD 50 is a nightmare).

Since DOT was kind of an early realese on DVD, I remember doing extensive comparisons with the LD back in the day. At the time, I was a 17 year old living in my folks house with a dedicated THX theater room (ohh... I miss the days of what it meant to have that fanfare at the beginning of a movie).

Anyways, even though the LD sounded great, the DVD 5.1 absolutely destroyed it!

It was actually one of the culprits that lead me to believe that then brand new Dolby Digital AC-3 format was the thing and I could get rid of everything else (so naive and dumb). In time, discreet multichannel hype started to pass and I keept feeling more and more that these DD tracks seemed to lack something (punch and fidelity I came to realize later)

It was much later down the road that I found out about the CDS format and it probably being the one reason why this particular DVD track sounded so good compared to the LD.

Sorry for such digress, but I wanted to put it all in context Smile

I intend to do some comparisons with the UHD DTHD 5.1 and the BD DTS-HD MA 5..1, but it would be awesome to have the LD audio back to mux it all on a complete great package!

dwalkerdon,

Can you please share the DD 5.1 from the DVD as well?

I no longer have the disc and it would be great to put it up for test againts these lossless versions to find out it they are indeed the same mix.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excalibur (1981) - Original Mono Mix from US-LD bendermac 46 28,632 2024-02-09, 05:56 AM
Last Post: PomSpitz
  [Request] The films of Wong Kar Wai - original mixes NeonBible 16 4,768 2024-01-29, 04:45 AM
Last Post: The Aluminum Falcon
  Point Break (1991) Original Dolby Surround 2.0 Mix and 4.1 mix dwalkerdon 38 19,687 2024-01-20, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  [Request] A Charlie Brown Christmas 1990 Shell Hi-Fi VHS mono James76 0 238 2023-12-13, 12:10 AM
Last Post: James76
  [Request] Christmas Vacation 1990 Warner LD stereo James76 3 598 2023-11-25, 11:14 PM
Last Post: James76
  [Request] The Warriors (1979) Theatrical Original Mono brad86 8 1,265 2023-09-30, 05:25 PM
Last Post: marin888
  Hitchcock original audio thread captainsolo 18 5,923 2023-09-27, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Yarp
  Three Days of the Condor (1975) LD Mono NeonBible 19 6,402 2023-09-27, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Yarp
  [Request] Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Original Audio therobotdreamer 0 485 2023-08-24, 07:54 PM
Last Post: therobotdreamer
  [Request] To Live and Die in L.A (1985) Original Stereo therobotdreamer 6 1,223 2023-08-22, 11:36 PM
Last Post: captainsolo