Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lord of the Rings 1978
The current of release of the Bakshi Lord of the Rings only has a 5.1 remix with the changed narration at the end. I was wondering if anyone ever captured the VHS or laserdisc audio for this one.
Thanks given by:
I have the audio from the JP LD (SF-098-5061) captured, it was an analog-only disc though. I sent it to a user on Original-Trilogy back in 2015 and I believe he synced it with the BD, but I'm not sure if he shared it anywhere or not.
Thanks given by:
I know ages ago I stumbled onto an old DVD copy I had in my attic. God knows where that is now though.
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah, yes.  The first DVD did have DD 2.0.  Unfortunately, I don't have it.
Thanks given by:
BusterD, I'd love a copy of that LD capture. I could probably just append the LD audio to the end of the DVD track and have a quick and dirty original stereo track that syncs.
Thanks given by:
I have the Japanese laserdisc. I've not tried capturing analogue audio yet but I'd be happy to give it a go next time I'm doing laserdisc rips. Not sure when that will be though.
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by:
(2019-09-11, 09:54 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote: Ah, yes.  The first DVD did have DD 2.0.  Unfortunately, I don't have it.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1401

The initial R1 DVD and the R2s have a DD 2.0 track. I imagine it's possibly the original DS mix, but I wouldn't be surprised if the altered narration spanned to the initial DVDs too.
Thanks given by:
I think I have the old DVDs, so I may check them next week, if I do not forget.
I am not sure, if I have a BluRay, so, can anyone tell what I am hearing for?
How can I know if it is the old or the new narration, and what to check exactly?
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-18, 05:00 AM)SpaceBlackKnight Wrote: The initial R1 DVD and the R2s have a DD 2.0 track.

Yeah, the former is what I meant by "first DVD". I can't remember what the mix was like.
Thanks given by:
I have the old US DVD release. If anyone is interested, I may rip the 2.0 audio from it.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: US VHS Dolby Stereo SR mix preservation [TE+EE] Hydra Spectre 8 2,144 2023-01-11, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Hydra Spectre
  [Request] The Wiz (1978) Laserdisc PCM dwalkerdon 1 2,118 2021-11-27, 12:10 AM
Last Post: James76