Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition Volume Three
[Image: YLbnrT7.jpg]

In 2006 a group of fans from Original Trilogy created Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition Volume Two. Spread over four DVDs, it was a companion to the recently released Ultimate Edition Box Set, collating commentary tracks, documentaries and features that were not included in it.

This blu ray set is an updated version of that project, containing all the features used in Volume Two, with HD footage where possible and additional content. Thanks are given to those who created Volume 2, for without that this project would not be possible.

This is in no way a replacement for a legitimate copy of Dawn of the Dead.

Blu Ray Disc One (22.4 gig)
  • Extended Edition in HD with the choice of the Elite Laserdisc Audio Commentary, the UK BMG DVD Audio Commentary and a soundtrack only created using the original drop cues.
  • HD reconstruction of the Japanese Suspiria Version, using HD video and the original TV broadcast audio, with the choice of the original opening credits or HD opening credits.
Blu Ray Disc Two (18.8 gig)
  • House of George Romero Interview
  • Documentary on George A. Romero
  • The Directors - George A.Romero
  • G4 Icons - Episode 8 from Season 4 - George A. Romero
  • Clive Barker's A-Z of Horror - Episode 3 - Kingdom of the Dead
  • Son of The Incredibly Strange Film Show - Episode 8 from Season 4 - George A. Romero & Tom Savini
  • Mall Tour with David Emge, Ken Foree & Lenny Lies
  • Airstrip Tour with David Emge, Ken Foree & Jim Krut
  • 22 year cast reunion Q&A from Cinema Wasteland
  • Laserdisc supplementary material
  • German Super 8 Version with English Language
  • Japanese Explained Opening
  • Japanese TV Introduction with English subtitles
  • George A. Romero's Introduction to Dawn of the Dead from UK TV 1997
  • Biohazard 2 aka Resident Evil 2 - two versions of the George Romero Directed Trailer and a short making of documentary

The discs are both BD-J, created using professional software with resume function and animated menus. I would strongly suggest burning these to physical discs as software blu ray players don't always handle menus well, especially animated menus. I have tested these discs extensively but if there are any errors or issues let me know. This is my first completed project so hope you enjoy. 

PM me for the links, contributing/long term members only please. Contributing means active members of the forum who post and/or make their own projects.

High Resolution cover and disc art available from @Pineapples101 Here.

Just to clarify this is a project that I have made for myself which I am choosing to share. If you don't like the project, if you think it should have been done differently then feel free to keep that to yourself and consider doing your own project.
Thanks given by: PDB , The Aluminum Falcon , spoRv , ReconWorld
That sounds pretty cool

(2019-09-25, 09:51 PM)alleycat Wrote: HD reconstruction of the Japanese Suspiria Version, using HD video and the original TV broadcast audio, with the choice on the original opening credits or HD

Is that this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsteKp7KqY

With the space explosion?
Thanks given by:
No that’s the Japanese cinema intro. This one had an intro from a Japanese film critic but had a completely different soundtrack. It’s based on the Argento cut but runs about 30 minutes shorter. Only aired on TV once.
Thanks given by:
(2019-09-25, 10:38 PM)alleycat Wrote: No that’s the Japanese cinema intro. This one had an intro from a Japanese film critic but had a completely different soundtrack. It’s based on the Argento cut but runs about 30 minutes shorter. Only aired on TV once.

Wow never heard about that before. Thanks for the info. Yet another DOTD cut...amazing stuff.
Thanks given by:
(2019-09-25, 10:42 PM)PDB Wrote:
(2019-09-25, 10:38 PM)alleycat Wrote: No that’s the Japanese cinema intro. This one had an intro from a Japanese film critic but had a completely different soundtrack. It’s based on the Argento cut but runs about 30 minutes shorter. Only aired on TV once.

Wow never heard about that before. Thanks for the info. Yet another DOTD cut...amazing stuff.

There's a VHS recording of it on Archive.org actually if you're interested in checking that out.
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by: PDB
I remember capping the Laserdisc stuff for this and some of the soundtrack work. It was Meedermow that put it together I think
Thanks given by:
(2019-09-26, 08:29 AM)Bigrob Wrote: I remember capping the Laserdisc stuff for this and some of the soundtrack work. It was Meedermow that put it together I think

Yes I've been working with Meedernow he sent me over the original discs.
Thanks given by:
Tell him I said hello! he might remember my username haha.

Still got my original 4 DVD's in storage (along with the magnificent Alien Appendix series). Thank you for the BD upgrade on this. happy to see past work still being preserved by other members. Smile
Thanks given by: alleycat
Great to see this getting a new lease of life!

Thanks alleycat for the work in this.

BIGROB! Hey fella. Hope you're doing well. I remember putting all this together with you back in the day. That drop cue track took days to sync up, would probably be a lot easier to do now Smile
Thanks given by: alleycat
(2019-09-25, 09:51 PM)alleycat Wrote: [*]Documentary on George A. Romero

Is this the German (?) behind the scenes footage/interview taken during Dawn of the Dead?

I remember providing this for the project way back when but can't see what else it might be.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drunken Master II (醉拳二)–Film Whisperer ultimate package The Film Whisperer 6 295 2024-04-22, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Serums
  [Released] The Beach (2000) Special Edition alleycat 11 3,593 2024-03-19, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Daffy_Duck
  [Released] Halloween (1978): Extended Edition (Remastered) kidjupiter92 4 2,045 2024-02-25, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Released] Hard Rain Special Edition alleycat 3 333 2024-02-05, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Released] Johnny Mnemonic Extended Edition alleycat 46 12,176 2024-02-05, 01:58 PM
Last Post: fanislive
  [Released] Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition - The Anti-DNR Fanedit iguanaclerk 3 564 2024-01-21, 02:01 PM
Last Post: HippieDalek
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition HD Recreation (Version 3 out now) iguanaclerk 122 70,353 2024-01-20, 09:44 AM
Last Post: iguanaclerk
Lightbulb [Released] Joker (2019) Alternate Extended Edition Fan Edit freetheworld 19 8,592 2024-01-16, 05:56 AM
Last Post: babda96
  Bodyguard from Beijing (中南海保鑣), aka 'The Defender', Film Whisperer ultimate package The Film Whisperer 0 720 2023-08-28, 09:48 PM
Last Post: The Film Whisperer
  [Released] Proof Of Life Special Edition alleycat 8 2,605 2023-07-10, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Red41804