Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[proposal]True Lies
Once upon a time, a project maker decided to make this project... but, until now, it's still not released AFAIK, nor known updates are available...

So, maybe it's time to make this project!

What do you think? OAR? Open matte? Both?!?
Thanks given by:
I like it very much, i even think i had found the video for this "project maker" many moons ago. Smile

And you could sync the Cinema DTS, though i'm sure you planned that already.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Do what with it?
The D-Theater release is in OAR, has a stellar DTS track and is in pretty good shape.

This is not a project we need to look into.
Thanks given by:
I was working on an open matte version in the background but gladly defer to you spoRv. I think eventually an oar version will hit blu-ray but an open matte version never will.
Thanks given by:
DoomBot, PDB, thanks for the support!

While OAR version is perfect, open matte is better! Big Grin

(2015-05-19, 02:33 AM)bendermac Wrote: Do what with it?
The D-Theater release is in OAR, has a stellar DTS track and is in pretty good shape.

This is not a project we need to look into.

The D-Theater version is "on the wild" for everyone who would grab it, BUT...

• it's hard telecined - yes, you could live with it, but a progressive version *could* be better
  • it's not sure if its DTS track is the original theatrical mix - at least, AFAIK
  • its higher bitrate is 45mbps, hence out of BD standard - for the ones who would like to burn a BD...
  • it has "just" the English audio track - we are an international community, we *need* more languages! Wink
those are few reasons to make a project; color grading seems OK, and also overall image quality.

Waiting for your thoughts.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting the open matte 14gb version right now. Already have the OAR with DTS track.
I think an open matte preserv would be awesome. What with subs and other language tracks.
Plus you could add the DTS LD track + Dolby Surround LD + AC3 LD ?
Thanks given by:
Like for my other projects, I would like to include (if exist) English, French, German, Italian and Spanish audio and subtitles tracks; the DTS, AC3 and PCM LD tracks could be included... if only these is some interest in this project, of course!
I thought also to this: disc 1, OAR; disc 2, open matte; disc 3, extras.

Or, I'm thinking to another solution - if it could work... using the open matte as main video, and overlay black bars as secondary video, to obtain the OAR version - thus, using just one disc for both versions!
Thanks given by:
Is there a comparison between the D-Theater and hdtv cap?

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Any member here that happens to have the German Kinowelt Special Edition DVD?!?
@DoomBot: going to put them in sync, any preferred shot?

Edit: sync OK, open matte TV misses 10 frames in a middle of a shot, plus another one due to a pair of corrupted frames; dunno if there are other corrupted frames, it requires to be watched... and that's a difficult task with this small monitor, but if I've watched The Abyss open matte, I could watch this, too!
Thanks given by:
How about a moving shot like the jets going by, some where around 1:52:54. I wanted see how pixelated fast moving scenes are. Then pick any random shots you want.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposal: The James Cameron Project PDB 337 57,673 30 minutes ago
Last Post: dvdmike
  [proposal] Robocop - Theatrical Cut alexpeden2000 96 63,729 2023-05-17, 03:01 AM
Last Post: axeyou
  [proposal] Hitchcock: Restorations of Universal BDs The Aluminum Falcon 13 11,343 2022-05-10, 09:01 PM
Last Post: captainsolo
  True Lies HDTV (Film4 HD) Preservation zoidberg 110 81,835 2020-04-12, 10:03 PM
Last Post: marin888
  [proposal] Poltergeist (1982) uncut! titanic 17 17,798 2019-12-06, 08:18 PM
Last Post: RepulsionRegis
  [proposal] Mad Max Regrade PDB 12 12,153 2018-12-13, 03:54 AM
Last Post: marin888
  [proposal] The Warriors Theatrical alexpeden2000 40 30,569 2018-02-02, 04:04 PM
Last Post: X5gb
  [proposal] Lord Of The Rings trilogy spoRv 8 8,849 2018-01-15, 08:36 AM
Last Post: 44rh1n
Question [proposal] Battlefield Earth spoRv 10 9,789 2018-01-09, 04:24 AM
Last Post: spoRv
  [proposal] The Muppet Christmas Carol - When Love is Gone in widescreen NeonBible 18 15,946 2017-12-23, 11:30 AM
Last Post: NeonBible