Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[No Longer Available] Quantum Of Solace Open Matte
[Image: YIq9lnp.jpg]

Quantum Of Solace Open Matte (v1.0)

Project Info

Quantum of Solace (QOS) has a reputation as being the bad Craig James Bond..well until Spectre came out. I originally agreed with that opinion but after revisiting it recently, I found there is a lot to like. It gave closure to the CR plot-line, it is quick and to the point and never overstays it welcome, its beautifully shot, the action is suitable intense, etc. The only real problem I had was some of the truncated writing as a result of the writers strike and the way the action was shot. Whereas CR co-oped the Bourne action style, it kept a classical style of framing and cutting. QOS went full Bourne with the cutting and shaky cam to what I feel is the detriment of the film.

I found the open matte in the usually spot and was playing around with it till I got a vastly superior HDTV recording from X5gb. X5's HDTV had greater details, original subs and some grain but had a constant logo and was missing some frames at commercial breaks. So I combined the best of both worlds to get a new project out of it.

For audio, I was able to locate the Cinema DTS for this project will also include the normal BD track.

Video:
A combination of an HDTV broadcast and Web-DL for logo fill and missing frames

Audio:
1. DTS-HD MA 5.1 (from the Cinema DTS Discs)
2. DTS-HD MA 5.1 (from the US BD)

Sync
Synced to the US (and most likely international) BD

Subs:
1. English (from the US BD)

Pics
[Image: LArIJx6.jpg?1]

35mm Colors (v1.0B)
https://i.imgur.com/6cCwQL4.jpg

Collaborators and Thanks (In order of help):
X5gb
Doombot
Nice to know there is a subfree version out there. I'll have to contact X5gb to locate that one.
Also, there is a UHD out there now, if you want to go the combination route with even better details in the center "slice" of the frame...
Thanks given by:
(2019-10-21, 07:10 PM)PDB Wrote: The only real problem I had was some of the truncated writing as a result of the writers strike...

Agreed. The film always seemed unfairly maligned to me. It could have been better, but CR was hard to live up to. And the following Craig Bonds went down hill pretty rapidly.
Thanks given by: nafroe
(2019-10-21, 07:35 PM)Beber Wrote: Nice to know there is a subfree version out there. I'll have to contact X5gb to locate that one.
Also, there is a UHD out there now, if you want to go the combination route with even better details in the center "slice" of the frame...

X5's has subs, the one in the wild does not. I didn't go the combination route since I like consistency of image in this case over having a slight bump in image in the center (plus the sharpness of the grain doesn't match)

(2019-10-21, 08:55 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 07:10 PM)PDB Wrote: The only real problem I had was some of the truncated writing as a result of the writers strike...

Agreed.  The film always seemed unfairly maligned to me.  It could have been better, but CR was hard to live up to.  And the following Craig Bonds went down hill pretty rapidly.

I do like Skyfall myself but Spectre is clearly a movie no one wanted to make and shouldn't of been made.

CR is the best.
Thanks given by:
I will be all over this project when it's released! (Super excited about the Cinema DTS audio for this one and to see the 35mmized version as well!!). I know many folks don't care for this film, but I think it's an underrated Bond film. Thank you in advance!
Thanks given by:
I know this is a thread for QOS open matte... and that the project is still in the works... and I don't wanna be that guy that's just seems ungrateful and asks for more, but...

Are there plans for Skyfall to receive a similar treatment? I think it's a crime that the studio has yet to officially release the IMAX framing (other than the 16:9 on HDTV) which is how I experienced it theatrically (and it was a truly awesome experience, IMO). Though I remain hopeful, I realize we may never get the full IMAX ratio, unfortunately, but a 16:9 open matte would be a happy compromise. I don't have any means to cap such a broadcast as well.
Or does such a release already exist?

Again... thanks for everything!!!
Thanks given by:
(2019-10-25, 01:14 AM)nafroe Wrote: I will be all over this project when it's released!  (Super excited about the Cinema DTS audio for this one and to see the 35mmized version as well!!).  I know many folks don't care for this film, but I think it's an underrated Bond film.  Thank you in advance!

Thanks nafroe

(2019-10-25, 01:49 AM)nafroe Wrote: I know this is a thread for QOS open matte... and that the project is still in the works... and I don't wanna be that guy that's just seems ungrateful and asks for more, but...

Are there plans for Skyfall to receive a similar treatment?  I think it's a crime that the studio has yet to officially release the IMAX framing (other than the 16:9 on HDTV) which is how I experienced it theatrically (and it was a truly awesome experience, IMO).  Though I remain hopeful, I realize we may never get the full IMAX ratio, unfortunately, but a 16:9 open matte would be a happy compromise.  I don't have any means to cap such a broadcast as well.
Or does such a release already exist?

Again... thanks for everything!!!

Skyfall is in the cards. I have the materials for it just need to add it to the schedule to do.
Thanks given by: nafroe
Here is the more 35mm look based off various materials. Close to the HDTV/BD but pushed to be more orange (particularity skin tones), green and blue.

https://i.imgur.com/6cCwQL4.jpg

Just have to finish the audio
Thanks given by: nafroe , Stamper
Looking great! Thanks a ton for all you're putting into this project!
Thanks given by:
I have Skyfall in Open Matte in WEB DL from the Russian online cinema, if it is useful, I will share it, the picture is clear without logos.
Thanks given by: Stamper , nafroe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Special Longer Version HD Recreation TheLoon 84 30,998 2024-04-13, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Hitcher
  [No Longer Available] The Ring Original DVD/DVHS Colors (Quick Project) PDB 18 5,299 2024-04-09, 09:18 PM
Last Post: PDB
Video [Released] Mortal Kombat (1995) - Open Matte Komposite CORTICALSYSTEMS 13 5,189 2024-03-15, 09:26 AM
Last Post: ghost wolves
  [No Longer Available] The Hitcher Regrade and Video Fix PDB 27 12,273 2024-01-13, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  [Released] (No longer available) Batman 1989 35mmized deleted user 15 9,845 2023-12-31, 04:18 PM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Released] Alien: Covenant - IMAX/Open Matte/2.40:1 VAR Hybrid Hitcher 14 4,388 2023-11-10, 11:17 PM
Last Post: flacnvinyl
  [No longer available] Highlander II - US Theatrical Cut - Preservation HippieDalek 29 14,171 2023-10-06, 11:51 AM
Last Post: HDprojects+Restore89
  [Released] Showgirls - Remastered Open Matte - Cinema Polish Colek 39 32,871 2023-09-02, 08:40 AM
Last Post: metdavi
  [No Longer Available] Dragonslayer (Video Fix and Color Correction) PDB 42 30,384 2023-04-19, 10:18 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  [No Longer Available]Aliens SE, TV and Theatrical Cut (Japanese WOWOW HDTV Broadcast) PDB 77 38,675 2023-01-20, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Hitcher