Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neverending Story: Dutch Audio
I don’t know what the differences are, but I’m told that the Blu-ray from Holland has a superior audio track to the US Blu-ray. I’m currently in the process of creating a restored International Cut using the German 4K remastered release and would like to test the Dutch audio track to see if it would be a better option for the project. I do not need the video, audio only.
Thanks given by:
I don't have the Dutch Blu Ray, but I've got the Japanese one that features both cuts of the film. Let me know if it's of any use to you.
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by:
Like minds think alike. I was working on something similar and was trying to track down the original PCM from the cut US LD (thanks BusterD!) and see if it can be expanded.

I’m also told the Japanese BD may have a better soundtrack than the German or US discs but I don’t have that.

Edit: Hippie beat me to the punch

Btw your Seven project looked great.
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 10:14 PM)springfeel Wrote: none of the blurays are any good in terms in PQ tho
one has more sharpness but crushed black levels
the other has heavy DNR but better color and shadow detail
A remaster just came out this month in Germany. That’s the basis of this.
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 10:09 PM)PDB Wrote: Like mind think alike. I was working on something similar and was trying to track down the original PCM from the cut US LD (thanks BusterD!) and see if it can be expanded.

I’m also told the Japanese BD may have a better soundtrack than the German or US discs but I don’t have that.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. So past tense? I don’t want to step on any toes if you’re currently working the same project. That PCM audio might be the best option of all for the International Cut. I’d love to include it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 10:07 PM)HippieDalek Wrote: I don't have the Dutch Blu Ray, but I've got the Japanese one that features both cuts of the film. Let me know if it's of any use to you.
I’d be happy to compare the JP audio for the International Cut and use whichever is better (that or the US). More options are always preferable to fewer.
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 10:24 PM)Croweyes1121 Wrote:
(2019-12-29, 10:09 PM)PDB Wrote: Like mind think alike. I was working on something similar and was trying to track down the original PCM from the cut US LD (thanks BusterD!) and see if it can be expanded.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. So past tense? I don’t want to step on any toes if you’re currently working the same project. That PCM audio might be the best option of all for the International Cut. I’d love to include it!

I’m basically at the stage of gathering sources, audio tracks, testing things, etc. All that jazz.

As for stepping on toes, don’t worry about that. Anyone can work on whatever they want. I will gladly defer to you now and work on other things as I have plenty to do.

I can send you buster’s PCM later in a PM if you want. I’m sure he will be ok with it. It is of course the US short cut with the US music track.

I was hoping to sync the PCM to the 4K if possible (music differences and all that) and tweak the black level on the video.
Thanks given by: Croweyes1121
Yeah, mine will be strictly an upgraded presentation of the shorter cut (with a few color-corrected shots from the US Blu-ray where corresponding shots from the German cut don’t exist), so that audio should be perfect as-is.
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 11:05 PM)springfeel Wrote: oh ok the DE remastered one on caps o holic has DNR
guess its not the same one
It's not the 2013 release.  One just came out this month and is miles better. It DOES still have a bit of DNR, but is still tons better than the US Blu-ray.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p...ostcount=1
Thanks given by:
(2019-12-29, 10:26 PM)Croweyes1121 Wrote:
(2019-12-29, 10:07 PM)HippieDalek Wrote: I don't have the Dutch Blu Ray, but I've got the Japanese one that features both cuts of the film. Let me know if it's of any use to you.
I’d be happy to compare the JP audio for the International Cut and use whichever is better (that or the US). More options are always preferable to fewer.

I'll try and get it to you soon.
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by: Croweyes1121

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitchcock original audio thread captainsolo 20 6,405 4 hours ago
Last Post: jolennon
  The most egregious audio remixes Kreeep 30 3,724 2024-04-12, 07:52 PM
Last Post: audioguy
  Cool Hand Luke [1967] Audio Comparison M A 1 175 2024-04-10, 05:11 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Request] Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 1994 Disney CAV LD audio James76 0 188 2024-03-21, 12:12 AM
Last Post: James76
  Frankenstein (1931) Audio Preservation crissrudd4554 403 250,391 2024-01-06, 03:54 PM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Request] Meet Me in St.Louis LD Audio jolennon 1 380 2023-12-18, 12:31 AM
Last Post: James76
  Superman III 70mm 6-track audio availability? uVSthem 0 343 2023-11-26, 07:51 PM
Last Post: uVSthem
  [Request] Red River (1948) Pre-Release Cut Audio M A 0 366 2023-11-16, 04:10 PM
Last Post: M A
  [Request] The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) - DVD Audio jolennon 1 622 2023-10-01, 12:15 AM
Last Post: jolennon
  Ripping audio from Cinema DTS discs Banderson 4 872 2023-08-27, 01:44 AM
Last Post: stwd4nder2