Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last of the Mohicans - Original Theatrical Cut - BD-50 - Shadoe
So last year I released this over on MS.

A few days ago, Vinnie contacted me and asked if he can post this on BT. Since it's my work and I have an account there, I decided to upload it myself.

This is now available on MS and BTWink

For those interested, here's the original thread over on OT.

"Official" release info:

Jerry Shadoe presents:

The Last of the Mohicans - Original Theatrical Cut BD-50

Purpose: to provide the highest quality possible for the Original Theatrical Cut which has not been released on bluray and restore a lossless 5.1 audio track for this cut.

Video sources: 1080i HDTV SKY-HD broadcast, R4 Brazilian NTSC DVD (for timing purposes ONLY)

Audio sources: Lossless audio - official BD, lossy - numerous DVDs and HDTV

Subtitles sources: various DVDs and HDTV

Bonus sources: official BD and various internet finds

Final format: BD-50

Project info:

The Last of the Mohicans has been released on Blu-ray, but it's a different cut and the color-timing is completely different, On top of that the release has crushed blacks. The HDTV broadcast was a great source, but a little too much contrast and had nearly no grain remaining. After changing the fps back to 23.976 and de-interlacing the footage, I timed it to the R4 Brazilian NTSC DVD, as that was the main audio source I was using (although it's a secondary track now,) applied slight filters for the contrast/brightness/saturation and then laid real 35mm film grain on it. The result is actually pretty nice. The lossless 5.1 24bit DTS-HDMA English audio track is a custom build. Most of it is from the actual lossless track that came on the official release. However, as there are some alterations/deletions/etc. I had to supplement this audio with the 5.1 lossy track from the R4 NTSC DVD. I did some re-mastering on the lossy parts to bring some fidelity back to them and, overall, the transitions from one to the other are almost inaudible. Also, I re-inserted any sound effects from the R4 NTSC DVD back into the lossless BD audio that had been modified for the official blu-ray release. I kept the bonus featurette included on the official release, as well as the trailer. next, i searched the internet for bonus footage and have lots of interviews, promos, a soldier training for the film video, video-assist footage and more ;o)

Main Feature Video:

1920x1080, 23.976fps, A.R. 2.35:1, AVC encoded 24.9mbps

Main Feature Audio:

English 5.1 Custom DTS-HDMA 24bit @~3800kbps
English 5.1 AC3 16bit @384kbps (sourced from R4 NTSC Brazilian DVD)
English 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (sourced from R2 DVD, slowed down to 23.976fps)
Isolated Score 5.1 AC3 16bit @384kbps (sourced from R4 NTSC Brazilian DVD)
Audio Commentary Track 2.0 AC3 16bit @384kbps (sourced from BD, re-synced to this cut)
French 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (sourced from HDTV, slowed down to 23.976fps)
German 5.1 AC3 16bit @640kbps (sourced from HDTV, slowed down to 23.976fps)
Italian 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (sourced from R2 DVD, slowed down to 23.976fps)
Polish 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (sourced from R2 DVD, slowed down to 23.976fps)
Brazilian Portuguese 2.0 AC3 16bit @384kbps (sourced from R4 NTSC Brazilian DVD)
Russian 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (sourced from HDTV, slowed down to 23.976fps)

Main Feature Subtitles:

English, Croatian, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, and Swedish

Bonus Video:

Various (mostly HD)

Bonus Audio:

English 5.1 AC3 16bit @448kbps (for the featurette)
English 2.0 AC3 16bit @384kbps (for all other)

Bonus Subtitles:

NONE

EXTRA SIDE-NOTE: I forgot to mention, that the background audio on the commentary track will be out-of-sync in certain points to what is on-screen, as I didn't want to cut any of the commentary out, so I did the best I could to keep it in sync while still retaining all of it.
Thanks given by: Stamper , Lucasyugi27
Well done, Jerry!!!
Thanks given by:
Awesome!
Thanks given by:
cheers bud. thanks again for the upload.
Thanks given by:
Just want to send my praise too, this is a great project!
Thanks given by: jerryshadoe
Thanx guysSmile

The fact that it's appreciated makes me happy to share and is encouraging to pursue other projectsWink
Thanks given by:
Interesting tid-bit about the video-assist footage that I included on this release as an extra, which was sourced from youtube, can be read about here: https://fanrestore.com/showthread.php?tid=577

Reason for new thread, is to not de-rail this one, but thought it was worth mentioningWink
Thanks given by:
Hey Shadoe,

I registered here just to write you (since registration at OT is still closed). The Last of the Mohicans has been one of my favorite films since childhood, and the theatrical version is the way I will always remember that film. It is simply impossible to find a good quality copy of the theatrical release, so I was very glad when I came across your project to restore this film.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to download your release - I am assuming OT has all download links hidden unless you are a registered user (which means I am out of luck), but what about here? I am not seeing any sort of download instruction?

Sorry for the noob question.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-13, 11:34 AM)Bagheera Wrote: ...

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to download your release - I am assuming OT has all download links hidden unless you are a registered user (which means I am out of luck), but what about here? I am not seeing any sort of download instruction?

Sorry for the noob question.

OT has no Download Links to Projects at all, even to registered users.
It is also mentioned where it is uploaded (MS and BT), unfortunately one of the two sites seems to down at the moment, the other is still up. But I do not know if the last Mohicans is still avaible there.
Also both places need, as far as I know, invites from renown users to join.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
I watched this a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it, seeing this thread popping up again reminded me to thank you for the great work Jerry!
Thanks given by: jerryshadoe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [No Longer Available] The Ring Original DVD/DVHS Colors (Quick Project) PDB 18 5,359 2024-04-09, 09:18 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Released] HALLOWEEN: Evil Waits (2013 regrade with new prologue and original mono audio) pipefan413 20 6,683 2023-12-05, 11:31 PM
Last Post: alexpeden2000
  The Exorcist (1973): Theatrical Cut Reconstruction The Aluminum Falcon 34 26,777 2023-11-27, 06:56 AM
Last Post: pipefan413
  [No longer available] Highlander II - US Theatrical Cut - Preservation HippieDalek 29 14,253 2023-10-06, 11:51 AM
Last Post: HDprojects+Restore89
  [No LongerAvailable]The Good,The Bad and The Ugly International Cut/US Theatrical Cut PDB 96 111,413 2023-07-15, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Stamper
  [No Longer Available]Aliens SE, TV and Theatrical Cut (Japanese WOWOW HDTV Broadcast) PDB 77 38,829 2023-01-20, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Hitcher
  Eraserhead - Original Theatrical/Mono Version HD Reconstruction TheLoon 5 2,308 2023-01-12, 09:03 AM
Last Post: TheLoon
  Jingle All the Way (1996) - Restored & Regraded [Theatrical & Director's Cut] Kreeep 4 1,549 2022-12-26, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Kreeep
  [Released] Executive Decision Theatrical Version alleycat 4 1,623 2022-12-14, 03:36 AM
Last Post: wongfeihung
  [Released] Wallace & Gromit in "The Wrong Trousers" - Original Audio Preservation Dek Rollins 15 8,060 2022-10-11, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Hydra Spectre