Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Poll: Threads/posts deletion
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every user can delete his/her own threads AND posts
25.00%
1 25.00%
Every user can delete ONLY his/her posts, but NOT threads
0%
0 0%
Only mods are allowed to delete threads and posts (only in particular cases)
50.00%
2 50.00%
No one should be allowed to delete threads or posts, for any reasons
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting threads/posts
OK, the little niche community is growing, so there are some questions that need an answer; one of them is: should a user be able to delete his/her own threads and/or posts? What's about mods?

Waiting for your opinion!
Thanks given by:
Well as a person who has deleted his stupider threads, I think you should be able to do that but there has to be a threshold. I mean after a couple of pages there is too much good information for a thread to be deleted.

I think mods here should have the option to delete threads as all mods should. If a thread is useful, a mod would just clean it up and back on topic, rather then delete.

For right now and still being a small community on the honor system, I don't there is much need for change at the moment.

Just my opinion
Thanks given by:
In my opinion, standard users shouldn't be able to delete posts. Power users and above should be able to do so.
Thanks given by:
(2015-07-28, 06:19 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote: In my opinion, standard users shouldn't be able to delete posts.  Power users and above should be able to do so.

Actually, I like that idea
Thanks given by:
I don't know - in extreme cases I guess deleting threads are OK, but I put no-one should delete for any reason. Just not very professional looking, and we want to have a forum that shows we're not a bunch of amateurs. Think before you post, guys (and gals)!
Thanks given by:
I think we should all be able to delete Andrea's posts.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Chew, I love you so much... Tongue Tongue Tongue
Thanks given by:
PDB, I don't think the threads you have deleted are stupid - at the contrary, I answered to your latest one on my phone, only discovering you have actually deleted the threads (and I wrote a LOT on that tiny virtual keyboard)... I think you should restore the last one, at least... IMHO, of course.

My opinion: anyone could change his/her mind, so it's OK to EDIT his/her own post - even deleting it completely - but NOT delete the post, or, worst, the whole thread, because someone has spent time to answer, and is not ethical do delete their posts... my 2€ cents... Smile
Thanks given by:
(2015-07-28, 06:21 PM)PDB Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 06:19 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote: In my opinion, standard users shouldn't be able to delete posts.  Power users and above should be able to do so.

Actually, I like that idea

I kinda like it too. Standard users can EDIT but NOT delete posts. PowerUsers&up should have the option.

As far as threads are concerned, there are rare instances where deleting a thread is necessary but this is rare. In most cases, I think the threads "in question" should be moved to a new sub-category (which I suggested in BTTF III thread) called something like "Unfinished Projects" or "Projects in need of Adoption."
Thanks given by:
Standard users (newbie, registered, lurker) can no longer delete their posts/threads.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Text Editing Glitch: BACKSPACE deleting BronzeTitan 3 4,584 2017-05-04, 06:19 PM
Last Post: BronzeTitan
  No pics within threads, just links bendermac 4 4,639 2017-01-19, 11:38 PM
Last Post: spoRv
Lightbulb Persistent New/Today's/Unread Posts links Satanika 1 3,336 2015-08-12, 02:16 PM
Last Post: jerryshadoe
  No Images in Threads nafroe 3 4,803 2015-03-07, 06:26 PM
  View Unread Posts spoRv 2 4,257 2015-02-27, 11:18 PM