Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQ] Godfather Epic HBO HD Re-broadcast
Preservation of the GF Epic + LD PCM

The Godfather Epic HBO
http://www.hbo.com/schedule?focusId=6235...Ids=392254
 Crime, Drama | 424 minutes | HDR: Adult Content, Brief Nudity, Graphic Language, Graphic Violence - Fully Uncensored

Francis Ford Coppola’s legendary gangster epic “The Godfather” and its Oscar®-winning sequel “The Godfather II” are edited into this single film–told chronologically and with added footage that was cut from the original films.

Code:
Thursday, March 3, 11:00PM ET - HBO ZONE EAST
Friday, March 4, 2:00AM ET - HBO ZONE WEST
Sunday, March 20, 9:00PM ET - HBO SIGNATURE EAST
Monday, March 21, 12:00AM ET - HBO SIGNATURE WEST
Friday, March 25, 10:45PM ET - HBO ZONE EAST
Saturday, March 26, 1:45AM ET - HBO ZONE WEST

Comparison 720p rip and 1080i TS
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparis.../picture:2
1080i: details is completely removed, blurry, looks like upscaled old DVD or LD. Heavily DNR’ed.

Can someone make it with proper record and add original PCM audio from LD?

Godfather The Epic 1901-1959 - Japan LaserDisc
Runtime: 423 Minutes

Technical Details
LD Release Date: 25 Jan 1991
Catalog Number: PILF1147
UPC: 4988102044916
Manufacturer: Pioneer Japan
Publisher: CIC Video

Diameter: 12"
Sides: 8
Cover: Box Set
Spoken Language: English
Video Format: NTSC
Thanks given by:
Update:

His player which use to make screenshots
makes them reddish, blurry & completely remove details

Here is new comparison: I use VLC media player
9.57 GB HDTV.720p-iQ vs His 1080i TS
They looks same comparing details.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparis.../picture:0
Thanks given by:
Let me point out to you the fact that most users of this forum are ALSO members on the OT forum and you trying to bring the conversation over here is pointless if you will have the same attitude here as you did over there.

For those of you that are unaware of what I'm talking about, please take a look at this OT Thread and then the comments made by marin (which start half-way down the page) and the "back-and-forth" that continues for the next page after that.
Thanks given by:
That was a mess, from his first comparison his video player makes screenshots totally different from how his capture really looks (makes them reddish, blurry & completely remove details). And all new comparison is made with same issue.
On his PC record have normal look, on my like old DVD, which for me was unacceptable that is HD. And he continues "saying" it's normal.

WTF Why he lying, why he don't want accept and say that is lowest HD record ever. Confusedhock:

Unfortunately no one say nothing about his record. Huh Why?
If someone have problem (color, audio, recording, encoding...) you need to say to him.

After he makes samples it was really WTF, he use damn incorrect player, and all discussion was on damn wrong screenshots. What a mess.
Then I make proper comparison with VLC player for the end. All my intention was to show what it is. And unfortunately he can't make proper record.

If you have doubts for posted screenshots from some user always ask for samples. You can avoid a misunderstanding.

btw
I know this is a sister site of OT, why is choesen to make this I don't know.
You guy say: We are smal comunity, there is post here and there.

I make here request because maybe some of them not reading OT forum but can make proper record.
Thanks given by:
WOW!!! I honestly don't even know where to start with this...

Ok, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY, BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE THAT NO ONE ELSE WILL RESPOND TO THIS THREAD.

First, let me start off by saying that I AGREE with YOU that the 1080i TS screenshots that were posted originally DID look a little too pinkish/reddish, BUT that is the ONLY thing I will agree with you about.

NEXT, let's address your attitude and the general tone of your post here and the posts you made on OT:

HOW DARE YOU call someone a liar and call them incompetent??!! (which is EXACTLY what you are doing by saying he doesn't know how to "record" properly. While on this note, it's called "CAPTURING" and NOT recording)

He NEVER claimed that the quality of his 1080i capture was "normal." MORE than one person on OT told you (if you bothered reading, you would know this) that ALL CABLE COMPANIES IN THE UNITED STATES RE-COMPRESS THEIR STREAMS, EXCEPT FioS (which he CLEARLY stated that he does NOT have) He captured the "raw" stream "as-is" and the quality of his recording had NOTHING to do with his equipment, method of capturing, codec, or anything else like that. The reason the 720p release looks so much better is probably because it was captured from FioS, hence the better quality.

While I agree with you that his screenshots had a slight pink/red tint to them, EVERYTHING else looked the same way as in the screenshots. Yes, it looks soft/blurry (like a poorly upscaled DVD) but he did NOT DNR the footage and you claiming that he did is just f***ing stupid. I downloaded the sample and made screenshots from it too, but I see no need to post them...

I agree that screenshots are not always a "perfect" representation of the video compared to seeing it in-motion, but aside from the slight tint, these were accurate. The only way to get a "proper" capture of this in 1080i is for us to find someone with FoiS, but this still does NOT mean that the 1080i capture that is being talked about was not done properly, BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS AIRED IN THE UNITED STATES!!! (yeah, I'm repeating myself so that, hopefully, you understand this and stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about)

IN FACT, ALL OF THIS IS DONE FOR FREE AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, STOP TALKING SHIT, AND GO CAPTURE IT YOURSELF OR SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!

WHO THE F*** ARE YOU TO QUESTION WHY THIS FORUM WAS CREATED??!! You don't like it, don't bother visiting, as you won't be missed. You're arrogant, narrow-minded, rude, aggressive tone is not going to get you anywhere around here and, if anyone bothers to answer, you will be met with the same hostile attitude you give us... (and if you talked to me this way IRL, I would knock you the f*** out cold!)

On that note, I'm DONE and good day to you "Sir."

@ MODS & ADMINS - If I'm being too harsh, I apologize to you guys (but NOT to marin!) and feel free to let me knowWink
Thanks given by: digitalfreaknyc
(2016-02-17, 06:46 AM)jerryshadoe Wrote: WOW!!! I honestly don't even know where to start with this...

Ok, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY, BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE THAT NO ONE ELSE WILL RESPOND TO THIS THREAD.

First, let me start off by saying that I AGREE with YOU that the 1080i TS screenshots that were posted originally DID look a little too pinkish/reddish, BUT that is the ONLY thing I will agree with you about.

NEXT, let's address your attitude and the general tone of your post here and the posts you made on OT:

HOW DARE YOU call someone a liar and call them incompetent??!! (which is EXACTLY what you are doing by saying he doesn't know how to "record" properly. While on this note, it's called "CAPTURING" and NOT recording)

He NEVER claimed that the quality of his 1080i capture was "normal." MORE than one person on OT told you (if you bothered reading, you would know this) that ALL CABLE COMPANIES IN THE UNITED STATES RE-COMPRESS THEIR STREAMS, EXCEPT FioS (which he CLEARLY stated that he does NOT have) He captured the "raw" stream "as-is" and the quality of his recording had NOTHING to do with his equipment, method of capturing, codec, or anything else like that. The reason the 720p release looks so much better is probably because it was captured from FioS, hence the better quality.

While I agree with you that his screenshots had a slight pink/red tint to them, EVERYTHING else looked the same way as in the screenshots. Yes, it looks soft/blurry (like a poorly upscaled DVD) but he did NOT DNR the footage and you claiming that he did is just f***ing stupid. I downloaded the sample and made screenshots from it too, but I see no need to post them...

I agree that screenshots are not always a "perfect" representation of the video compared to seeing it in-motion, but aside from the slight tint, these were accurate. The only way to get a "proper" capture of this in 1080i is for us to find someone with FoiS, but this still does NOT mean that the 1080i capture that is being talked about was not done properly, BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS AIRED IN THE UNITED STATES!!! (yeah, I'm repeating myself so that, hopefully, you understand this and stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about)

IN FACT, ALL OF THIS IS DONE FOR FREE AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, STOP TALKING SHIT, AND GO CAPTURE IT YOURSELF OR SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!

WHO THE F*** ARE YOU TO QUESTION WHY THIS FORUM WAS CREATED??!! You don't like it, don't bother visiting, as you won't be missed. You're arrogant, narrow-minded, rude, aggressive tone is not going to get you anywhere around here and, if anyone bothers to answer, you will be met with the same hostile attitude you give us... (and if you talked to me this way IRL, I would knock you the f*** out cold!)

On that note, I'm DONE and good day to you "Sir."

@ MODS & ADMINS - If I'm being too harsh, I apologize to you guys (but NOT to marin!) and feel free to let me knowWink

Not only is he ALL of the above, but he decided to PM me to TELL ME that he's bashing me on other forums.

I'm seriously F**king done. This isn't worth it. Everyone was thrilled that I capped the AMC and downloaded it like crazy. Now that the 720p version trumps that older one, I'm called "incompetent."
Thanks given by: jerryshadoe
And I was wondering if I went "overboard" with my post, but I guess it was justified after-all.

Takes some freakin balls to tell someone that you will intentionally go bash them in other forums. Granted, if you were in the wrong, then that wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but in this case... WOW!!!

In some ways, this guy reminds me of another little troll we had around here a little while back... Yes, I'm talking about that jedimaster-blah-blah-blah... whatever he called himself, LOL

Don't let trolls like this discourage you! I also downloaded your AMC capture and while it wasn't the best quality, I never said anything OR faulted YOU for it. I understand (especially since I do work on numerous projects sourced from too many places to count, LOL) that you were "limited" to the quality of the SOURCE and this had NOTHING to do with YOUR abilities. In fact, I was (and still am) grateful for the upgrade (at the time) that you provided to all of us FOR FREE!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
You guys got me totally wrong.

I don't bashing no one! I never say that he did is just f***ing stupid!

He can't capture it as full HD because he reciving re-encoded signal.

Did I say something wrong?
Thanks given by:
I only try to help and expect that someone will send to him full HD record.
This is my second firing squad on me because of my bad English.
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-17, 07:47 AM)digitalfreaknyc Wrote: Not only is he ALL of the above, but he decided to PM me to TELL ME that he's bashing me on other forums.  

I'm seriously F**king done.  This isn't worth it.  Everyone was thrilled that I capped the AMC and downloaded it like crazy.  Now that the 720p version trumps that older one, I'm called "incompetent."

What do you think why I sent that PM on OT? To bashing you? Huh I can't believe it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] Blade Runner (1982) US broadcast version Lotto 10 8,682 2022-12-22, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Endocryne
  [Request] Babes in Toyland (1986) - 1986 US TV Broadcast Version Reconstruction in HD James76 3 1,764 2022-02-25, 12:36 AM
Last Post: James76
  Beyond the Poseidon Adventure 1981 Extended Television Broadcast simpjake1999 1 1,443 2021-06-14, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Greathall75
  Beyond the Poseidon Adventure - Extended Television Broadcast Preservation simpjake1999 1 1,825 2021-02-09, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Greathall75
  [Proposal] Godfather 35mm on eBay for $600 deleted user 9 6,978 2021-02-08, 08:14 PM
Last Post: weegee2392
  [Idea] The Quatermass Experiment (2005) Original Broadcast Version Bigrob 1 2,514 2020-01-25, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Chewtobacca
  The Godfather: The Complete Saga ThePlayer 3 3,533 2019-09-16, 05:47 PM
Last Post: ThePlayer
  [Help] capturing The Golden Voyage of Sinbad German broadcast lacerated 7 6,108 2018-01-04, 04:07 AM
Last Post: lacerated
  [Request] Star Trek 2 (Sky Broadcast) PDB 31 24,510 2016-10-27, 10:02 PM
Last Post: FrankT