Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Regraded Terminator 2 Judgement Day Director's Cut
kk650 presents: Regraded Terminator 2 Judgement Day: Director's Cut 1080p

Technical Specs:

Name: Regraded Terminator 2 Judgement Day: Director's Cut 1080p

Size: 22.6 GB

Video: 1920x816 H264 23.976

Audio Track: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitle Track 1: English Subtitles

Subtitle Track 2: Spanish Subtitles

The Spanish blu-ray of Terminator has a lot more grain and overall detail than the DNRed Skynet Edition available in other parts of the world. With this 22GB regraded release I have nearly tripled the average video bitrate compared to the 8gb release to retain has much of the grain and overall detail on the Spanish blu-ray as possible. Saturation has also been reduced slightly compared to the 8gb regraded release which I felt in hindsight was a little too punchy colourwise. Also included is the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from the blu-ray for the best audio possible as well. Enjoy! Smile

I recently checked it out Terminator 2 Judgement Day: Director's Cut blu-ray and could see that there is also a blanket green tint throughout the whole film like The Terminator so I went ahead and created a regraded version removing this blanket green tint and bringing the other colours back to life. The skintones and overall colours have also been adjusted to more closely match the less reddish colours of the DVD releases of Terminator 2 that I think look far more natural and more accurately reflect the fleshtones i've seen of the photos taken during the making of Terminator 2. The colours are also now more consistant with the regraded The Terminator release.

I have also used as my blu-ray source the Spanish blu-ray that has a lot more grain and overall detail that the DNRed US Skynet Edition and therefore looks far more natural and filmic, making Terminator 2 a lot more appealing to watch. Smile

I hope you enjoy what i´ve done here. Please post back here with feedback of what you think of this release after you check it out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Screencap Comparisons:

Blu-ray 1:

[Image: LpN56Xs.jpg]

Regraded 1:

[Image: dn1kYCV.jpg]

Blu-ray 1a:

[Image: 6S6HEzg.jpg]

Regraded 1a:

[Image: WPnFN1o.jpg]

Blu-ray 2:

[Image: wGzeQnh.jpg]

Regraded 2:

[Image: 0BKRzyA.jpg]

Blu-ray 3:

[Image: EcOJ4Im.jpg]

Regraded 3:

[Image: jjduaDu.jpg]

Blu-ray 4:

[Image: uQuABCU.jpg]

Regraded 4:

[Image: fuldfSn.jpg]

Blu-ray 5:

[Image: MrA8tK9.jpg]

Regraded 5:

[Image: 8QELQfr.jpg]

Blu-ray 6:

[Image: fEf5JMB.jpg]

Regraded 6:

[Image: xTgxPD5.jpg]

Blu-ray 7:

[Image: PEB7Pxg.jpg]

Regraded 7:

[Image: DwiC9g0.jpg]

Blu-ray 8:

[Image: eSDVWeu.jpg]

Regraded 8:

[Image: Jiuw2yv.jpg]

Currently available at that most paradoxical of places.
Thanks given by: spoRv , nafroe , REX2004
Looks good! Happy Will be eagerly anticipating the higher bit rate version as a film of this magnitude will certainly benefit.... Thank you!!
Thanks given by:
(2015-02-25, 07:44 AM)nf3015 Wrote: Looks good! Happy Will be eagerly anticipating the higher bit rate version as a film of this magnitude will certainly benefit.... Thank you!!

Thanks! This was a tough one to regrade but I'm really happy with how it turned out, I love the orangey colours and fleshtones of the DVD compared to the overly reddish colours of the blu-ray, especially makes a big difference in the lava sequence at the end. It also gave me more leeway to boost the colours of the film overall, make the film more dynamic colourwise without having to worry about the fleshtones getting too red.
Thanks given by:
This old monitor doesn't allow me to view a lot of difference, so this feedback may be useless...

Images are quite similar - so it seems source grading is not that bad - but yours seems less "pumped up" and more natural; it was a great idea to use a grainier and less DNR'ed BD as source, to retain as much detail as possible.
Thanks given by:
(2015-02-26, 08:47 PM)spoRv Wrote: This old monitor doesn't allow me to view a lot of difference, so this feedback may be useless...

Images are quite similar - so it seems source grading is not that bad - but yours seems less "pumped up" and more natural; it was a great idea to use a grainier and less DNR'ed BD as source, to retain as much detail as possible.

Your feedback is always very much welcome Andrea so thank you! I value your opinion a great deal, old monitor or no. Smile

Yes the source looks very good I must say, there's a slight green blanket tint but its no big deal, the Spanish blu-ray much better than the skynet blu-rays thats for sure, the main difference here is the colour shift of the fleshtones from the more reddish tone of the blu-ray to the more orangey tone of the DVD colours. I like it but whether others like it is a different matter. I'll probably do a more neutral release as well with unchanged fleshtones, like I did with the first Terminator release.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your kind words! Of course, when it will be "the time", I'll post more and more feedbacks...
Thanks given by:
Looks good, but any chance of a BD size release?
Thanks given by:
(2015-02-27, 06:04 AM)Booshman Wrote: Looks good, but any chance of a BD size release?

Thanks Booshman! Yes, I plan to release a version with an average variable bitrate of 16mbs and maximum variable bitrate of 23mbs to capture as much of the grain on the Spanish blu-ray as possible. With DTS-HD 5.1 MA audio included it should end up being around 20-21gb.
Thanks given by:
It's funny, this look like the extreme DVD, which was the same master, but with a slight color shift that is not like the film previously looked on home video. I prefer the original look myself.
Thanks given by:
I sometimes wonder if all the releases since the Extreme DVD all go back to the same 2K scan. There are differences between the various releases, but they all seem to look very very similar...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Released] Death Machine (1994) UK Director's Cut alleycat 10 1,399 2024-03-25, 11:31 PM
Last Post: zoidberg
  [Released] Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition - The Anti-DNR Fanedit iguanaclerk 3 564 2024-01-21, 02:01 PM
Last Post: HippieDalek
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition HD Recreation (Version 3 out now) iguanaclerk 122 70,358 2024-01-20, 09:44 AM
Last Post: iguanaclerk
  [Released] Tears Of The Sun Director's Cut alleycat 5 872 2023-11-09, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Beber
  [Released] Tombstone Director's Cut alleycat 10 3,676 2023-06-23, 03:44 AM
Last Post: RedSun61524
  Jingle All the Way (1996) - Restored & Regraded [Theatrical & Director's Cut] Kreeep 4 1,560 2022-12-26, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Kreeep
  [Released] Killing Zoe Director's Cut & Theatrical Cut Special Edition alleycat 10 3,436 2022-06-20, 12:59 PM
Last Post: The Griff
  [Released] Scream Director's Cut alleycat 6 2,292 2022-06-20, 01:59 AM
Last Post: JScarp0512
  [Released] Pearl Harbor Director's Cut alleycat 13 4,085 2022-04-27, 01:58 AM
Last Post: RedSun61524
  The Alamo: Director's Cut [Ld Sourced + Extras] Elmo Oxygen 40 41,647 2022-04-22, 10:17 PM
Last Post: deepscan