Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncing Goldeneye 1997 DVD 5.1 and 2.0 AC3 mixes to UHD Webrip
I was wondering if anyone here could sync the 2.0 and the 5.1 mixes from the 1997 DVD Goldeneye to the 2160p WebRip that is circulating the net. From what I read online, the mixes are different (more LFE than the later releases)

here are the links to the tracks

here is the link to the Dolby 2.0 Pro Logic Mix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1myne284c...tal%29.ac3

Here is the link to the 5.1 Dolby Digital mix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ylmng65s3...tal%29.ac3
Thanks given by: nat
Excellent idea.

Video is necessary when doing resyncs (you also have to make sure you initial video is in sync with the extracted audio)
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-03, 08:20 AM)Stamper Wrote: Excellent idea.

Video is necessary when doing resyncs (you also have to make sure you initial video is in sync with the extracted audio)

I have a video source that i'm currently uploading to a MEGA account
Thanks given by:
i have the Video source Uploaded. if anyone wants to attempt to sync the Video to the two DVD AC3 tracks, just PM me for the link
Thanks given by: Stamper
Where do the GE 2.0 mix come from?

It's not in the initial region 1 release.

If this is from the UE, then that's two different syncs for those two tracks, so one need both video sources to make sure they are completely in sync with the newest version.

Did you verify if it's not a mixdown of the 5.1 track?

Yes I think the R1 DVDs probably have different version of the mono tracks. I was planning on buying all 4 box sets to get them, as I only have the R2 without mono mixes.

They are dirt cheap these days, you pay like 5 bucks + shipping = less than 10 bucks each set.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-05, 01:04 PM)Stamper Wrote: Where do the GE 2.0 mix come from?

It's not in the initial region 1 release.

If this is from the UE, then that's two different syncs for those two tracks, so one need both video sources to make sure they are completely in sync with the newest version.

Did you verify if it's not a mixdown of the 5.1 track?

Yes I think the R1 DVDs probably have different version of the mono tracks. I was planning on buying all 4 box sets to get them, as I only have the R2 without mono mixes.

They are dirt cheap these days, you pay like 5 bucks + shipping = less than 10 bucks each set.

I ripped the the 2.0 mix from the Region 1 Release. To my Knowledge, the 2.0 Mix is not a mixdown of the 5.1 mix. In fact it probably is the same mix used on the 2.0 Laserdisc PCM mix.

My DVD copy is a reauthored version of the 1997 DVD with an Authoring date of 6/2/1998 (according to the VOB files on my disc) The initial DVD was released in March 1997.
Thanks given by:
Wow that's nuts I had no idea this version existed. Awesome. I'll check the sync and either will come up with a remux with some delay, or a fix.
Thanks given by: dwalkerdon
I'm currently in the process of syncing original audio tracks mixes for all the UHD Bond in order.

So this sync will come when I get there. Currently at Dr No LOL
Thanks given by: nafroe , The Aluminum Falcon , captainsolo
The original snappper case/keep case THX dvds are super hard to find and some have 2.0 tracks. These are ports of the LD masters and are identical to the SE discs that came later but can have slightly bigger transfer sizes even though it's the identical master and still single layered. And they have a huge chance for disc rot.

I have both entire runs of SE and UE DVDs and the THX DVD for TSWLM. And of course the original DVDs for CR67 and NSNA. If anyone needs any audio from those let me know and I can up it to the audio section.

The 2.0 GE mix should be a lossy version of the Ld PCM track which also has the heavier bass of the original ac3 track which is ported to the SE DVD. So if you have the THX or SE DVD of GE then you have the bass heavy Laserdisc ac3. The LD DTS is a different mix without the turbo LFE but is better refined overall. The lossless HDMA on the BD is great and it is nearly identical to the LD DTS but I still prefer the LD audio for some reason I can't quite put my finger on-same for TND.
Damn Fool Idealistic Crusader
Thanks given by:
thank you very much dwalkerdon for the Goldeneye-tracks!
Thanks given by: dwalkerdon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wrong Guy (1997) - CA DVD stwd4nder2 0 158 2024-02-05, 10:53 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  The Saint 1997 un cut maksnew 9 2,969 2022-04-10, 05:43 PM
Last Post: dvdmike
  [Proposal] Titanic (1997) UAR spoRv 17 8,800 2021-09-24, 07:06 AM
Last Post: jolennon
  [Request] Titanic (1997) V2 IMAX [1080p] KK650 Regraded TrueBeliever2000 0 1,714 2020-10-15, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TrueBeliever2000
  [Request] Goldeneye 2.0 Laserdisc PCM and 5.1 mix from 1997 DVD dwalkerdon 2 3,242 2018-08-07, 02:34 AM
Last Post: captainsolo
  [Idea] Breakdown (1997) Bigrob 25 22,343 2017-10-02, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PDB
Question [proposal] Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997) - extended version spoRv 29 31,112 2017-05-12, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Papai2013