Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RotLA WOWOW-sourced custom BD
I made a custom BD of RotLA.  It is sourced from the WOWOW broadcast but uses another broadcast encoded from the same master to remove the logo and the Japanese subtitles.  I also replaced a few frames that the WOWOW was missing before the close-up of the snake in the Well of Souls.  The custom BD is synchronized to the official one, so people should be able to mux in whatever dub tracks they want.

Details
BD-50
PCM from the LD
DTS-HD MA (from the official BD)
various subtitles
I made this for my own use because I like the color-timing of the WOWOW broadcast.  (Please don't argue about the color-timing in this thread.)  I sent it to a few friends, and to my surprise, there has been a fair amount of interest.  Andrea forced me at gunpoint to post a thread about it here, so here it is.
PM me (preferably on ot.com) if you are interested.

Thanks
Andrea
Booshman
msycamore
PDB
The Aluminum Falcon

Please do not:

pass on my links;
remux my releases;
re-encode my releases.
Thanks given by: nafroe , Dekker
Thanks Chewtobacca, great work
Thanks given by:
The gun trick works all the time... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
This is my go-to for viewing now. Ok
Thanks again Chewtobacca

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Can attest to the fact that it's an absolutely wonderful disc. Didn't think I'd ever see the WOWOW broadcast in this immaculately high quality. Honestly, it could have been the commercial release and would have garnered excellent reviews. The LD and BD soundtracks are just the icing on the cake.
Thanks given by:
What is WOWOWOWOWOWOW?
Thanks given by:
It means "really big WOW"
Thanks given by:
If the question wan not ironic (was it?), WOWOW is a Japanese broadcast company, which transmits with an high bitrate MPEG2 encoding, and thus it has probably the best HDTV sources for our projects.
Thanks given by:
Some people have asked about sharing this on MySpleen. While I have no plans to do this myself, I have no objection to others distributing the disc elsewhere (as long as they don't remux it, recompress it, or otherwise change it).
Thanks given by:
(2015-07-10, 08:35 PM)Chewtobacca Wrote: Some people have asked about sharing this on MySpleen. While I have no plans to do this myself, I have no objection to others distributing the disc elsewhere (as long as they don't remux it, recompress it, or otherwise change it).

I can take care of that. I've got it extracting now, I'll put it up when it's done.
Thanks given by: Chewtobacca

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [No Longer Available]Aliens SE, TV and Theatrical Cut (Japanese WOWOW HDTV Broadcast) PDB 77 37,926 2023-01-20, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Hitcher
  The Alamo: Director's Cut [Ld Sourced + Extras] Elmo Oxygen 40 41,047 2022-04-22, 10:17 PM
Last Post: deepscan
Video [Released] French Cancan (1955) (Custom colour & Hybrid audio) mitkrod 3 1,680 2021-11-03, 03:07 AM
Last Post: mitkrod
  [Released] Breakdown (1997) Custom BD zoidberg 16 14,084 2021-02-28, 09:34 AM
Last Post: maksnew
  Big Trouble In Little China (Custom BD) zoidberg 71 51,001 2020-04-16, 01:43 AM
Last Post: LucasGodzilla
  Die Hard - Custom BD (v1.0) zoidberg 38 30,852 2019-08-31, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  Star Trek VI HDTV-sourced custom BD (theatrical) Chewtobacca 45 25,762 2017-07-12, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Chewtobacca
  Total Recall: custom BD Chewtobacca 4 4,323 2016-09-11, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Bigrob
  The Lighthorsemen: Director's Cut [Laserdisc sourced + extras] Elmo Oxygen 1 5,152 2016-03-31, 10:01 PM
Last Post: PDB
  Rear Window: HDTV-sourced custom BD (Harris Restoration) Chewtobacca 8 7,048 2015-09-21, 10:43 PM
Last Post: captainsolo