Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request...] Sword in the Stone, The (1963) - 1995 US LD PCM
Without spoiling much about the project I'm putting together, I was wondering if anyone has/could share the Original English Mono PCM from this laserdisc?

Many thanx in advanceWink
Thanks given by:
Well, since I'm in the final video encoding stage, I thought now would be a good time to re-request this.

Does anyone here have an LD mono (don't care which LD, as long as it's original English mono) audio track for this film that they would be willing to share? With the beautiful video I have put together for this project, it would be a shame not to have this to include with it Sad

Thanx in advance to anyone that can helpSmile
Thanks given by:
I have the old itunes HDTV rip.
I was going to ask you why is the LD audio better, but I just saw now that the HD has 5.1 audio and not the original mono.
edit: I just found a source at rutracker, an 1080i HDTV rip that says it includes an English 2.0 audio track. (although it's 25fps)
Maybe this is the same with the LD?
Thanks given by:
I have that and it's a downmix of the 5.1 track to 2.0 stereoSad
Thanks given by:
Alternately, anyone with the first edition PAL DVD (released in 1999) would also have the original English mono track (although it would be a lossy AC3 track, still better than nothing) The DVD I refer to is this one: http://www.dvd-forum.at/medium-details/2...auberer-z5 (excuse the fact that it's in German)
This disc was also released in Australia (this is a snapshot of a page that is dead right now) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=en

The way to identify that DVD is to notice that it has English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Hebrew audio tracks, ALL original mono. I have been trying to locate this DVD, but so far the only used copy I could find was going for $70 and that's ridiculous.

Additionally , from what I understand, the first Nordic PAL edition, also had mono only tracks but the choices were different: English, Spanish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese; however I haven't been able to verify this...

Hoping someone comes forward with the original English mono in any format before I get ready to release what I haveWink
Thanks given by:
Maybe you could ask at originaltrilogy.com too where there are more people..
edit: really curious to see what is this project of yours.
I'm really happy with the old itunes HD version.
Unless you have a 16mm/35mm print??
Thanks given by:
jerryshadoe I've found a full frame dvdrip (25fps) which has an English 2 channel audio.
Maybe this comes from the DVD you ask?
Although maybe you 'd not be interested since this is an encoding.

AUDIO:
Codec...........0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
Channels........2
Sample Rate.....48000
Bitrate.........129 VBR
Thanks given by:
@ titanic - Sent you a PM.

If it's the "kidzcorner" release, then I have already checked it and it is a downmix to stereo from a 5.1 audio track. If it's a different release, feel free to PM me detailsWink

On note of the old itunes release: yeah, it's ok but it suffers from macro-blocking (at times rather nasty) and little grain retention due to the low bitrate. As far as my project is concerned... stay tuned and details about it will start leaking towards the end of the week, once I have verified my final video encode...
Thanks given by:
I wish I could help you with tha audio track Sad
Anyway, still excited about the project and whatever more you have for us Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] The Great Escape 1963 xwmario 7 1,166 2023-09-26, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  [Request] Flashdance (1983) US LD for Stereo Surround Trollking1 0 500 2023-07-15, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Trollking1
  REQUEST: LD PCM of a few Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies bendermac 10 9,295 2023-06-14, 09:01 PM
Last Post: axeyou
  [Proposal] Romancing the stone (original 2.0 surround) titanic 1 565 2023-05-19, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Yarp
  [Request] Screamers (1995) Cinema DTS Evit 0 782 2022-06-14, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Evit
  Q: The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)/The Last Supper (1995) wongfeihung 7 2,166 2022-05-08, 03:52 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  [Request] The getaway (1972) LD PCM Onti 0 983 2022-01-07, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Onti
Question [Request] Crocodile Dundee (1986) Australian Version VHS audio jerryshadoe 24 20,232 2021-11-21, 07:49 PM
Last Post: karbre
  [Request] The Egyptian (1954) LD original 4.0 track Onti 0 997 2021-10-27, 04:21 PM
  [Request] Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) LD original 4.0 track Onti 5 2,187 2021-10-27, 04:20 PM