Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Landis confirms Original Trilogy unaltered on Blu Ray?
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-theat...ase-again/

Interesting read if it is indeed true. The big question is wether they are going to spend the bucks needed to present them with a bit of love and care or are they going to just bash them out?

Only time will tell, anyways we always have the Despecialized Editions to watch.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if they'd to the right job. I fear a DNR/color timing mess.
Thanks given by:
If we are to judge by past experiences and the trend of DNR/EE/color-timing changes (as Feallan mentioned) we have seen with other films, I wouldn't be too hopeful. Granted, there are exceptions to this rule and if it's true that would be a nice treat for the fans but don't hold your breath and hold on to Harmy's workWink
Thanks given by:
(2015-09-20, 11:54 PM)jerryshadoe Wrote: If we are to judge by past experiences and the trend of DNR/EE/color-timing changes (as Feallan mentioned) we have seen with other films, I wouldn't be too hopeful. Granted, there are exceptions to this rule and if it's true that would be a nice treat for the fans but don't hold your breath and hold on to Harmy's workWink

Have you seen any Disney animated film 'restored' for blu-ray?
Thanks given by:
I am taking this with a grain of salt at the moment. We have been led down this path before only to be disappointed. I sincerely hope that if Disney were to consider this option seriously they'd make sure to handle it with kid gloves and do it right. Maybe Kathleen Kennedy can make it happen. Only time will tell.
Thanks given by:
(2015-09-21, 06:00 AM)Doctor M Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 11:54 PM)jerryshadoe Wrote: If we are to judge by past experiences and the trend of DNR/EE/color-timing changes (as Feallan mentioned) we have seen with other films, I wouldn't be too hopeful. Granted, there are exceptions to this rule and if it's true that would be a nice treat for the fans but don't hold your breath and hold on to Harmy's workWink

Have you seen any Disney animated film 'restored' for blu-ray?

If you mean releases like "Alice in Wonderland," "Cinderella," The Aristocats," or "The Sword in the Stone" (just to mention a few) then, YES, I have seen them and they are an atrocious blasphemy to the original films. Sad

(2015-09-21, 06:14 AM)Jetrell Fo Wrote: I am taking this with a grain of salt at the moment. We have been led down this path before only to be disappointed. I sincerely hope that if Disney were to consider this option seriously they'd make sure to handle it with kid gloves and do it right. Maybe Kathleen Kennedy can make it happen. Only time will tell.

This is exactly why I said that we will see what happens, as we have been disappointed with "false" hope before.
Thanks given by:
Even if they come on Blu-ray, it won't mean they will look pristine and sound great. They (Disney/Fox) can just slam on the old LD-transfers in SD and be done with it.

BUT if the movies come out in true HD with proper restoration, I'll buy the movies. If not, Fox nor Disney wont see a dime from me for the current Blu-ray releases.
Thanks given by:
At last! Star Wars original trilogy in teal!!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
There's a possibility he may have been referring to the 1997 Special Editions when he said that.
Thanks given by:
Well, at least now 4K77 is in the wild, both in 1080p and 2160p.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Godfather Trilogy 4K UHD captainsolo 47 8,609 2024-02-29, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Turisu
  [versions] Vintage Clint Eastwood films original audio preservation Stamper 108 27,578 2023-07-31, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Yarp
  Has anyone ever obtained original film prints of these films? jedimasterplo 0 921 2022-10-16, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jedimasterplo
  When it comes to the Star Wars prequels and the original trilogy cgi. jedimasterplo 11 3,376 2021-09-02, 07:38 PM
Last Post: jedimasterplo
  Batman Forever Original Version teased by WB captainsolo 9 4,817 2021-05-21, 07:20 PM
Last Post: captainsolo
  Bond 50 Blu-ray set - original audio mixes NeonBible 3 2,062 2020-11-03, 01:20 PM
Last Post: NeonBible
  [Help] That 70s Show - original FOX airings LunaRacc 5 3,634 2020-05-09, 05:16 AM
Last Post: LunaRacc
  Lord of the Rings trilogy - open matte spoRv 102 92,819 2019-03-03, 10:43 PM
Last Post: PDB