Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE KING AND I - Color corrected version at MoviesAnywhere!
Well,
I'm not sure if you know all the controversy about this film on Bluray and how hideous the transfer looks with a blue tint all over.
(some people didn't have a problem though and insisted it was the correct color).

Now, according to this poster, MoviesAnywhere features a new HD transfer with corrected colors, which surely looks much better without the blue tint, and proves how wrong was the bluray!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=...tcount=367

I don't use digital services and such stuff (i wouldn't be able even if I wanted to).
So, does anyone happen to have this version?
Thanks given by: captainsolo
Agree, BD is... well, blu as only a Blu-ray would be! Big Grin

Jokes apart, it's more than obvious, looking at the things that should be white, and are blueish instead... the latest version looks nice, got a better contrast in comparison to the 2005, which has also a magenta blanket.
Thanks given by:
I think that might finally give some answer to the concerns over Fox having gone teal on many of their catalog BD releases from the past few years. Everything from Desk Set to the Marilyn Monroe titles and many others to varying degrees. To me it looked awful and there are many Fox BD titles that I either passed on or want to get older discs of like Cleopatra for example which looks lifeless compared to DVD shots.

But until there is official confirmation those of us who question something are the nutty ones.
Damn Fool Idealistic Crusader
Thanks given by: titanic
bumping the thread in case anyone has this version.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately I don't have this version, but I have seen it. Flashback Cinema showed it last year, and the color was truly phenomenal. It's a shame the movie has been mistreated on Blu-ray, but I'm glad my first viewing was of the awesome version I saw Smile

EDIT: Just checked the Flashback Cinema schedule, and it turns out they are showing it again next month. FlashbackCinema.net for those curious. I'll be out of town I think, but hopefully some of you can go enjoy it.
Thanks given by:
can anyone color correct the current Blu-Ray's transfer?
Thanks given by:
I'd say it needs a little life injected into it, as a FanRes project . .

[Image: The_King_And_I_-_2005_color_correction.png]

(Not volunteering, just proof-of-concept-ing on an non-calibrated monitor. Smile )
Thanks given by: dwalkerdon
IIRC, Vudu has the 2005 HD master while ITunes I believe was updated to the BD master a few years ago (I heard at one point they had the older master around 2008 or so but only at 720p)
Thanks given by:
Hey guys, just a reminder: tomorrow night you can see the newer master in a theater, via Flashback Cinema: http://www.flashbackcinema.net/new-blog/...the-king-i
Thanks given by:
bumping again the thread in case anyone aquired the corrected version.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p...tcount=719

"The corrected one is now on all digital platforms (except Amazon which uses the 2006 one)"
Thanks given by: SpaceBlackKnight

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Help] Return to Oz (1985) Workprint Version DVD ISO File? James76 1 1,277 2023-05-25, 04:19 PM
Last Post: CloakedDragon97
  Ali 2001 best version? dvdmike 1 973 2023-01-15, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Yarp
  [Help] Babes in Toyland (1986) TV version DVD+R DL ISO file? James76 7 2,709 2022-12-27, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Doctor M
  Color Regrade Project Candidates? alleycat 17 4,133 2021-12-08, 09:32 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Pulp Fiction's various Blu-ray transfers and color gradings Johnny-5 3 1,723 2021-11-22, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Turisu
  REGRADE | BD and UHD to U Matic Color |German| Discussion Stamper 13 5,872 2021-01-30, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Stamper
  Superman 2 longer version on Vudu Booshman 22 20,776 2019-10-21, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ZenLogic101
  HD version of old Dobermann (1997) master? deleted user 86 52,535 2018-12-31, 06:53 PM
Last Post: deleted user
Question VAR version with just few minutes open matte spoRv 4 5,714 2017-12-14, 01:28 PM
Last Post: spoRv
  Movies with black & white version spoRv 10 10,433 2017-08-06, 12:35 PM
Last Post: spoRv