Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Released] "La Classe américaine" 26th anniversary Special Edition in fool HD*
[Image: Jml1R.jpg]

George Abitbol, "the Classiest Man on Earth", dies sputtering his famous last words: "Shitty world!" What the heck did he mean? Reporters Steven, Peter and Dave investigate. La Classe américaine is a comedy montage of scenes taken from the Warner Bros. catalog and dubbed to fit the narration.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321715/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

For more information on the project, see the original thread here: https://fanrestore.com/thread-2768.html?...%A9ricaine

* So why Special Edition? Why "fool" HD ? Why, why, why indeed? Since I like you guys, I'll tell you all:
- One, 'cause it's a restoration made in the digital era using digital tools unavailable at the time, based on the maximum amount of HD sources available at the moment, to which SD upscales were added to complete the montage.
- Two, 'cause the flashback scene of the writing of the letter is cut shorter on the source DVD, so the edit had to be modified using the onward/backward repetition technique used many times in the movie anyway, to circumvent this issue.
- Three, 'cause the lightening bolt shots in the beginning were never identified as to which movie they came from, so these were replaced by lovely restored ones from a MGM/Warner Home Video movie prior to 1993 to still be in the spirit of the original restrictions. Plus it gives the scene enhanced visual effects à la "Star Wars 'Special Edition'".
- Four, 'cause the whole thing was color timed and degrained to better sell the illusion that the shots are part of the same scenes.
- And finally five.... There is no five.

Video: 1080p @ 25 fps.
Aspect ratio: 2.20:1 just like the 70mm print that never was.
Audio: French PCM stereo and AAC stereo with a fixed line that was clearly out of sync, even more obvious in HD.
Subtitles: French for the hearing impaired, English (pardon my grammar, I asked for an English-speaking proofreader but no one answered), and English informative as to what movie is being used in the montage.
Trailer: specially made for this 26th anniversary Special Edition, also included in the package.

Special thanks to:
CorVans Prod YouTube channel tutorials for DaVinci Resolve 15.
ilovewaterslides for his help on a handful of shots that required visual effects.
Colek, Plissken1138 for helping me locating movie sources.

Direct MEGA link on demand via PM (for active members only), also available on my YouTube channel created just for this project: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBgdii0...uRfw6QKE3A
Thanks given by: RmuXfan , HippieDalek , verlouche , Madtown555
What a news, the year begin well Smile

Monde de merde ^^
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Enorme quel travail de dingue.
Tu as fait comme les gars de l'époque tu à repris toutes les scènes en bluray de chaque film et re-synchroniser avec la bande son ?
Thanks given by:
(2020-01-10, 01:03 AM)Tchopanda Wrote: Enorme quel travail de dingue.
Tu as fait comme les gars de l'époque tu à repris toutes les scènes en bluray de chaque film et re-synchroniser avec la bande son ?

In English, please. We're not between French people here. See the link above, it'll lead you to the original thread for the project.
Thanks given by:
(2020-01-10, 01:12 AM)Beber Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 01:03 AM)Tchopanda Wrote: Enorme quel travail de dingue.

In English, please. We're not between French people here. See the link above, it'll lead you to the original thread for the project.
ok Sorry thx
Thanks given by:
I just watched this for the first time on your YouTube channel and I utterly loved it. Brilliant film and a great restoration!

Have you ever seen the Australian comedy "Hercules Returns?" Very similar in many ways and from the same year.

Thanks for introducing me to this film and we'll done on the restoration.
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by: Beber
Thanks, Hippie. Nope, don't know about "Hercules Returns". What did you think of my English adaptation? I suppose you played it with the subtitles.
Thanks given by:
The English subtitles were great. My French is very poor but your translation was very funny and really portrayed the comedy. You did a great job.
Program material is recorded on the other side of this disc...
Thanks given by: Beber
Fantastic work!
Thanks given by:
Thank you so much for that huge amount of amazing work! T'as tellement géré! I'm trying to send you a PM for the direct MEGA link but it's not working, could you please send it to me in PM or via verlouche@hotmail.com ? Thanks a lot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Special Longer Version HD Recreation TheLoon 84 31,219 2024-04-13, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Hitcher
  Rumble in The Bronx (紅番區), Film Whisperer special 08/20/2023 major update The Film Whisperer 26 8,493 2024-04-01, 05:13 PM
Last Post: The Film Whisperer
  [Released] The Beach (2000) Special Edition alleycat 11 3,567 2024-03-19, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Daffy_Duck
  [Released] Halloween (1978): Extended Edition (Remastered) kidjupiter92 4 2,032 2024-02-25, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Released] Hard Rain Special Edition alleycat 3 328 2024-02-05, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PDB
  [Released] Johnny Mnemonic Extended Edition alleycat 46 12,148 2024-02-05, 01:58 PM
Last Post: fanislive
  [Released] Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition - The Anti-DNR Fanedit iguanaclerk 3 560 2024-01-21, 02:01 PM
Last Post: HippieDalek
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition HD Recreation (Version 3 out now) iguanaclerk 122 70,289 2024-01-20, 09:44 AM
Last Post: iguanaclerk
Lightbulb [Released] Joker (2019) Alternate Extended Edition Fan Edit freetheworld 19 8,569 2024-01-16, 05:56 AM
Last Post: babda96
  [Released] Proof Of Life Special Edition alleycat 8 2,602 2023-07-10, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Red41804