Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Silence of the Lambs 1998 DVD
I need a copy of the 1998 DVD of The Silence of the Lambs for a potential regrade of the Blu-ray. Thanks.
Project creator.
Thanks given by: Glendale58
That would be the Criterion one?

I think it's hard to find used as many old Criterion, but you could try a picclick search, or browse used sites like wob (world of books) and others.
Thanks given by:
The Criterion or the MGM?
Thanks given by:
I’m looking for the Criterion DVD, although I think the Image Entertainment release has the same master. I’m regrading the Criterion Blu-ray because it has more detail and more grain.
Project creator.
Thanks given by:
Would the Kino UHD not be the best starting point for a regrade?
Thanks given by:
I would say so, even a rip of it
Thanks given by:
For some reason I just never upgraded to the 4K. So I’m using the highest quality source I do have.
Project creator.
Thanks given by:
It's broken beyond compare as a disc, but the master and the streaming master could be downloaded and fixed
Thanks given by:
Try the Spleen, that's where I found it years ago when I collected old copies to try to regrade it myself. You can check my 2 or 3 year-old thread here. A French VHS tape was actually the better match to a 35mm print I could find.
Thanks given by:
I don’t have access to the Spleen.
Project creator.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Help] Godzilla 1998 Japanese LD jedihunter92 0 250 2024-01-01, 11:09 AM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Proposal] Regrading "The Silence of the Lambs", toying with the curves Beber 31 16,439 2022-07-31, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beber
  Who Am I (1998) - Extended Cut Subtitles Removal bendermac 0 1,904 2019-08-10, 04:30 PM
Last Post: bendermac
  [proposal] Lost in Space (1998) regrade spoRv 13 11,157 2017-06-23, 11:08 PM
Last Post: spoRv